• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid Mulitcolor Fatalii Cross

I noticed this Fatalii had green, red, and orange all in this color phase and had to take pics. This one is not as typical Fatalii looking as the other ones on the plant and is about 2 inches long. I was surprised by the red coming through because my other Fatalii plants that are ripening all went from green to orange and still waiting for bright yellow. I don't really care what it is, but the beauty of it sure made my day.
icon_smile.gif

Screenshot2011-09-17at42547PM.png

that's interesting how the color is so defined along the vein line form the green to the yellow. post progress pics as you can.

Nice "FAT-tali" or whatever thpe of pepper that is,
It sure has a nice variation in color, the other green pod on the plant has a crown not similar to the top of a Fatali,
But you know they'll be hot and tasty!

You are right Derek. The pods on this plant all turned bright red. Now that my pods are all ripening, I have looked closer and discovered that about a third of the plants I have labelled as Fatalii have turned red and definitely look like a cross. I got the seeds from the PNW Chile Party at my house last year from the pods that were sent to us. I think they are very cool. I can taste the Fatalii in them, but a cross it is for sure. I am seeing other crosses in some of the other plants that started from the party pods. It is so interesting to see the different pods shapes on some of the plants. A great learning year for me in my first serious growing season...I love it!
onfire.gif

Back