• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Murupi doce

Has anyone grown the Murupi Doce? I've got some growing but they don't look like other pics I've seen of them. They are growing quite well and the pods are different than anything I've ever seen. I can't wait to try them:P

Here's my biggest plant

And a single pod

Potawie that is very nice looking plant & pods never grow those Fatalli from Finland have seeds of those pepper I would like to get some seeds of those for next year.How hot those peppers are? Did you plant any Pimenta de Nayde they look cool too?

That is not a Murupi Doce, but it looks like Murupi Red (a hotter C. Chinense strain). I am a member on a Brazilian forum and have seen many pics of it. :)

Chris

915river said:
Potawie that is very nice looking plant & pods never grow those Fatalli from Finland have seeds of those pepper I would like to get some seeds of those for next year.How hot those peppers are? Did you plant any Pimenta de Nayde they look cool too?

I'm growing some Pimenta de Neyde (Brazilian origin). The plant itself looks a bit like a Black Cuban. Can't wait to see some pods.

Sydtunes said:
I'm growing some Pimenta de Neyde (Brazilian origin). The plant itself looks a bit like a Black Cuban. Can't wait to see some pods.

Last night I sampled a Pimenta de Cherry (or so it was labelled).
*sorry, I don't mean to jack the thread*

It turned out to be a smallish, canary yellow habanero. Delicious, but was it mis-labelled?

Back