• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Mushrooms in meh pots? WTF?!

Now I know how fungi reproduce and I'm so getting rid of them, but I would REALLY like to know WTF those mushrooms in meh pots are. just before I pick those suckers and go fungicide all over their ass.

96780680.jpg

45078625.jpg

They're Leucocoprinus sp. Dunno which ones exactly. They won't hurt your plants at all! Keep them for the aesthetic appeal. Hell, I've actually inoculated all my houseplants with the yellow species of this mushroom. I really think it's awesome when they fruit!

FiveStar said:
They're Leucocoprinus sp. Dunno which ones exactly. They won't hurt your plants at all! Keep them for the aesthetic appeal. Hell, I've actually inoculated all my houseplants with the yellow species of this mushroom. I really think it's awesome when they fruit!

:shocked:

Damn....

This site's street cred has risen over the last year!

When I first joined, this thread would have gone 10 replies deep before someone googled a quasi-answer.

ka-BLAM!

Here is a first hand, knowledgeable account of some great and relevent info!

This place has gotten too classy for me!;)

cheezydemon said:
:shocked:

Damn....

This site's street cred has risen over the last year!

When I first joined, this thread would have gone 10 replies deep before someone googled a quasi-answer.

ka-BLAM!

Here is a first hand, knowledgeable account of some great and relevent info!

This place has gotten too classy for me!;)

QUICK! Run now before we all start drinking our beer with our pinkie finger extended! :rofl:

Thanks FiveStar, that was helpful.
They seem to be growing REALLY fast, I mean... only a few hours later and the tiny ones in the picture are HUGE.
I suspect they're not edible, right?

Omri said:
Thanks FiveStar, that was helpful.
They seem to be growing REALLY fast, I mean... only a few hours later and the tiny ones in the picture are HUGE.
I suspect they're not edible, right?

That's how mushrooms work. Spend most of their time growing the mycellium, then when they form the fruiting bodies (mushrooms) they grow to full size in almost no time. Hence why sometimes you can wake up after a rain and there are already mushrooms in your yard.

I remember reading something about it awhile back, they can grow so fast because unlike most things (animals and plants) which grow by cell division, mushrooms grow by cell expansion. They grow as fast as they can pump water to the cells. So those tiny pinhead mushrooms have roughly the same number of cells as the full-sized ones. Pretty neat.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Omri, they are breaking down organic matter into pieces your plants can absorb as nutrients. Leave them be... and do NOT eat them unless you know exactly what they are.

MrArboc said:
WTF? What the intercourse?

WTF is english Mr arboc, no need to translate!;)

You know, sophisticated, classy? You thought your post on the Pizone (fromage rape) thread was too high brow for us yanks to get.

The display of knowledge upped the class of this site spontaneously..

Making it highbrow and classy?

I am tired of explaining this!;)

Back