Mushrooms!! :-/

It's pretty much the beginning of the season where I live, the winter is pretty mild so most plants from last year were fine just sitting out the back on the patio, anyway last week I bought a greenhouse (just a small one) to give them a bit of a boost and get them ready for summer again as it's been a slow and cold start to spring.
I was checking my plants after work today and noticed something poking out the bottom of one of the pots, it was a MUSHROOM/ toadstool of some sort! I'm assuming this is a fungus related problem, it's only on one of my plants but another has a fungus looking stuff growing from the drainage holes at the bottom of the pots! Here's a couple of shots of the mushroom/fungus any advice welcome!
I was thinking of just re potting this weekend but what should I treat the roots with?
Also both plants are healthy and growing just fine but I don't know how long that will last??
null_zps1bb3d7cc.jpg

null_zps85a43627.jpg

null_zpsdfed1572.jpg

PepperDaddler said:
Eat them!

Post results!

I was always told mushrooms were a good sign of healthy soil and growing conditions.
Ummmm... better be sure they're not toxic or you could end up dead

So you reckon I should leave them be? Nothing to stress about? Oh and I don't think they're the magic variety pepperdaddler lol ;)

millworkman said:
This is truth. Shrooms mean you have a healthy soil. Be proud.

I occasionally get them in my soil, as well (as I mentioned in another thread).. Good to know (even though they annoy me because I figure they're eating up nutrients). :)

Super Hots Canada said:

I occasionally get them in my soil, as well (as I mentioned in another thread).. Good to know (even though they annoy me because I figure they're eating up nutrients). :)

On the contrary, they are releasing nutrients to the plants.  The mushrooms/fungi eat organic matter and release the minerals/nutrients back into the soil for the plants to consume.

compmodder26 said:

On the contrary, they are releasing nutrients to the plants.  The mushrooms/fungi eat organic matter and release the minerals/nutrients back into the soil for the plants to consume.

Well, crap. *smacks himself in the forehead*

Are they alright if they're showing up in planters that are strictly indoors? All my plants are in my house and we have pets.

Super Hots Canada said:

Well, crap. *smacks himself in the forehead*

Are they alright if they're showing up in planters that are strictly indoors? All my plants are in my house and we have pets.

Yup.  Just let them go.  They consume what the plants cannot but then produce wastes that the plant can uptake directly. 

After my post earlier I went out side and there in fact was the biggest mushroom I have seen so far in the very first pot I looked in! I swear to god!

It looked very closely to the one in the pic above me, only REALLY big and inside the pot.

I was just outside looking at it, we had rain today, they have even gotten bigger. I think they are forming from my mycro's i ahve added, its just pro mix, perlite, and mycors with a top layer of cocco. So not sure where they came from. but it they game out the bottom of the pots.

Thanks for the info guys, only my second year growing, thinking about doing a glog I've planted alot this year, maybe around 150 something plants, half of those are jalapeños though as I want to smoke up a load of chipotles! The rest are a good mixture and range of spice! Had about 90% germination rate so far aswell! Just starting to wonder if I have enough space now haha

I've seen shrooms in my soil. i also found a local supplier of mushroom soil which he suggest.is the best growing medium you caj find. anyone use ld it before?

Sarge said:
I've seen shrooms in my soil. i also found a local supplier of mushroom soil which he suggest.is the best growing medium you caj find. anyone use ld it before?

Local mushroom soil is a win.

Joshuap2000 said:
I just found these coming out my root pots, its not the first time this has happened.

579104_583697141690561_593635631_n.jpg

I had these in my soil and not even a week later all the plants in the immediate area died!

Back