my 1st attempt at aact tea..

Proud Marine Dad said:
I dont know everything sushi boy I am telling you what experts say not some stoner on a canna forum. Grow up!
my tea recipe comes from trial and era son.  I'm sorry to have doubted you about the molasses.  You are the expert, and i'm some dumb lazy stoner who knows nothing.  It's really sad that you choose to argue with someone over molasses amounts.  I know what works for me and i was offering advice to someone.  Get a life bud and you and armac should stop trolling people on here.  Good day.  Grow up old man.

Hey now.. some dumb uneducated stoner on a cannibus forum would be more like it. Some of us partake on a daily basis without it inhibiting our abilities to be productive think remember etc.. But that is only a select few of us..
Proud Marine Dad said:
I dont know everything sushi boy I am telling you what experts say not some stoner on a canna forum. Grow up!
Honestly it sounds like both of you need a toke off the ol' peace pipe... and speaking of peace pipe. Dont mind if I do :)
My dream would be to find a way to successfully cross mayjane and peppers but with certain strains containing certain chemical ie. Some strains of pepper bud hybrid to have high amounts of cbd for medical use without the buzz that comes with thc. Just imagine being abke to buy medicated peppers... not possible probably but a man can dream! I stand behind the medicinal benifits of use in moderation.

## But enough with the off topic lingo. Lets keep this about compost tea plz ##

There's at least one in every forum.
Resort to name calling when you can't discuss something like a man. The amount of molasses I said to use comes from the book Teaming with Microbes, read it and you might learn something. Ghost Scorpion, I agree and I have grown that as well. My apologies to the canna growers who know about the soil food web. Sushi, if that amount works for you go for it dude. I am not going to debate it with you as you are too hot headed to listen to what others have to say.

Yea I agree to each there own.. also what works works and nobody can argue that haha.
I did as everyone else modified my own recipe I found by adding some bloom fert with microhizae in addition to my mykos to throw in some extra "goodies" as ive seen them called. Im going for at least 40hrs of brewing id like to go 48 but my pots are fairly dry.

Proud Marine Dad said:
There's at least one in every forum.
Resort to name calling when you can't discuss something like a man. The amount of molasses I said to use comes from the book Teaming with Microbes, read it and you might learn something. Ghost Scorpion, I agree and I have grown that as well. My apologies to the canna growers who know about the soil food web. Sushi, if that amount works for you go for it dude. I am not going to debate it with you as you are too hot headed to listen to what others have to say.
too hot headed.  I love it.  You do what you think is best in your tea ghost.  I know my recipe is great.  

I am curious Sushi, why do you say 5 Tbs in 5 gallons works better for you?
I think the problem here is a failure to define terms. AACT contains compost, water, active aeration and a carbohydrate source, that's it. When people add mychos, Guanos, bloodmeal, fish ferts, etc they are making a fertilizer that is aerated, not AACT. Guru mentioned that in response to the link that was posted where the guy was using more molasses. The extra molasses is providing more micronutrients to the brew but I believe too much is detrimental to the micro herd. I would have to look that up at home as I dont have access to my resources here at work, nor do I have the time to research it now.

Proud Marine Dad said:
I am curious Sushi, why do you say 5 Tbs in 5 gallons works better for you?
I think the problem here is a failure to define terms. AACT contains compost, water, active aeration and a carbohydrate source, that's it. When people add mychos, Guanos, bloodmeal, fish ferts, etc they are making a fertilizer that is aerated, not AACT. Guru mentioned that in response to the link that was posted where the guy was using more molasses. The extra molasses is providing more micronutrients to the brew but I believe too much is detrimental to the micro herd. I would have to look that up at home as I dont have access to my resources here at work, nor do I have the time to research it now.
blah blah blah.  Get over yourself bud.  Thought you would have dropped it already and grown up.

ghost scorp.. just get some compost and a sugar source i.e. molasses, some water and aerate it. I will say Extreme Gardening does make some really good products however they come with a $$.

You can go into your yard (depending where you live) dig under a tree where some old leaves have decayed scoop it up and throw that in there with some grass clippings, fruit scrapes and your good to go.

According to Dr. Elaine Ingham who is one of, if not the world's leading authority on compost tea and the soil food web: "Add molasses or another food source for bacteria or fungi, as desired, but realize that the amount needs to be kept minimal, or growth of bacteria and fungi will use oxygen in the air faster than the aquarium pump can replace it."

All you need to know right here: http://lake.osu.edu/cuyahoga/topics/agriculture-and-natural-resources/cuyahoga-composts/Compost%20Tea%20Brewing%20Manual.pdf

Fellas this doesn't need to be argued about. Everyone has their own way of doing things. Recipes... we are doing things we enjoy stop taking it and yourselves so seriously and not enjoying it. No one way is best.

Very easy to settle. Sushi, take a slide of a tea made with lots of molasses then take a slide of a tea with none. Report back with results. I think what happened here is someone was genuinely trying to help but it was perceived as a condescension, then all this negative chi ensued. The fact is that 5 tblsp of molassss in an aact is counter productive. "

Yea I might just stick to nutes but depending on how this batch works out I might just keep the same recipe and run with it. Its all about how it works for me and my plants. But after all the reading ive done about the microhizae and how beneficial it is and my soil contains a ton of microhizal ingredients so together hopefully together ill get some decent results. But my batch will be done tomorrow so we'll see how well I did n a few days

Rich, have you ever looked at a sample of AACT that has had nutrients added such as guano, fish fertilizer, etc? I am curious as to how these affect the microbes in the tea? Does it benefit them? Does it harm them? If I had a 400x microscope I would test it myself. Working on getting one soon possibly.

Pepper-Guru said:
Very easy to settle. Sushi, take a slide of a tea made with lots of molasses then take a slide of a tea with none. Report back with results. I think what happened here is someone was genuinely trying to help but it was perceived as a condescension, then all this negative chi ensued. The fact is that 5 tblsp of molassss in an aact is counter productive. "

Someone always chimes in with some smart ass answer on how i'm always wrong and they are right.  Wouldn't you get annoyed with that too?  

Ghost you should be adding mycos to your tea too.  One teaspoon per gallon.  I like to take a milk jug 3 quarters full and mix my stuff that goes into the water with.  Seems to get the nutes mixed up really well before dumping into your tea.  This came from trail and era for me.  Marine will most likely find some way to say this is wrong.  Do what works best for you.  Plus i cut my tea recipe down to half or a 1\3 with water after i brew it to feed with it.  
millworkman said:
Fellas this doesn't need to be argued about. Everyone has their own way of doing things. Recipes... we are doing things we enjoy stop taking it and yourselves so seriously and not enjoying it. No one way is best.
Exactly where i was going.  Thank you.

Proud Marine Dad said:
Rich, have you ever looked at a sample of AACT that has had nutrients added such as guano, fish fertilizer, etc? I am curious as to how these affect the microbes in the tea? Does it benefit them? Does it harm them? If I had a 400x microscope I would test it myself. Working on getting one soon possibly.
you should go back and read the pinned thread on AACT brewing.
Proud Marine Dad said:
why don't you do this and prove me wrong then?

PMD - I'm going to be doing this too, soon ... I'm doing all the lab work to launch Danielle on soapmaking, but my next mission once that's done is to provide some real metrics on AACT ...

I will note, however, that I'm using lower amounts than others here, I think ...

For a 5gal bucket I'm using a number of handfuls of blades of grass, a TEASPOON ea of bat and seabird guano, and ONE tbsp or so of molasses ... and a 1/2 to 1 scoop of Great White ... which is probably excessive, but I can't get away from having to apply a lot of copper and some occasional serenade/pyrethrin etc, so I figure it's best to keep providing 'starter' culture since I can't measure how I'm eroding it - YET! ...

Keep it friendly =)

Back