• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

my 2010 grow thread

i will soon be staring my seeds and getting everything ready for this upcoming season. i plan on germinating around 150 seeds and keep the healthy and most promising plants since i have only enough room for 60 to 70 plants. so until i get them started here is my grow list. its not 100% ready so i might add/remove some depending on how things turn out.

orange manzano
rocoto orange
chile caballo
kung pao hybrid (last season open air)
la cruces (last season open air)
tabasco
datil red
spicy mustard hab
chocolate hab
jamaican hot chocolate
black congo
golden bullet hab
caribbean red
peach hab (source 1)
peach hab (source 2)
thai bird hybrid
aribibi gausano
texas chiltepin (source 1)
thai orange (last season open air)
granada seasoning
trinidad perfume (source 1)
trinidad perfume (source 2)
st lucia yellow seasoning
tobago sweet scotch bonnet (last season open air)
burkina yellow scotch bonnet
chocolate scotch bonnet
big sun scotch bonnet
yellow scotch bonnet
dorset naga
naga morrich (source 1)
naga morrich (source 2)
trinidad scorpion (last season open air)
trinidad yellow scorpion (CARDI)
trinidad scorpion (source 1)
bhut jolokia (pablo 1x)
bhut jolokia (source 1)
bhut jolokia (last season open air)
bhut jolokia (last season lsolated)
7 pot brown/dougalah?
7 pot jonah (source 1)
7 pot jonah (source 2)
7 pot brain strain (last season open air)
7 pot brain strain (last season isolated)
barrackpore 7 pot
fatalii X ? (last season open air)
fatalii hybrid X trinidad scorpion

Great set of seeds. I can't wait to follow your thread and see how some of these more serious varieties do in CO. Are you growing them all out side?

thanks, yeah im doing them all outdoors. i had about 20 plants last year and they did pretty well in containers, but this year im doing them in raised beds.

started my seeds this past friday. decided i would start more then enough seeds this year and any extra plants will be given to family and friends.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

You have a very nice list and it looks like you will soon be tending to a sea of green. Wishing you all the best, hope they all sprout for you.

thanks for all the good comments.
i will have alot of extra plants since im only keeping 60-70 of the best plants.
i start my seeds in coco coir

abf303, Don't know if I qualify as a friend but I would be happy to give some of your extra plants a good home, especially the brain strain and barrackpore 7 pot. Also happy to trade if I have any extras. No sprouts yet but I have some of the following germinating: Bishops Crown, Bonda ma Jacques, Aji Lemon, Yellow 7 Pod, Morouga Red, all from the hippy. And a couple other less exotic ones that aren't from hippy. Setup is looking good, can't wait to see it turn green.

thanks gallon
i should have plenty of plants to give away so it shouldnt be a problem. just remind me and we can figure something out.

Are those jiffy pot starters with a seed starter soil in them?

Pepperfreak said:
You have a very nice list and it looks like you will soon be tending to a sea of green. Wishing you all the best, hope they all sprout for you.

Sea of Green, SOG, hmmmmmm, where have I heard that phrase before? I just cant remember but I have heard it for sure. :shocked:

thanks SS
its officially the start of my season today. had 2 pop up this morning and 2 more tonight. :cool:

DSC_0018.jpg

trinidad perfume (2 sources)

DSC_0019.jpg

kung pao

DSC_0020.jpg

bhut pablo 1x

Back