• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

My bad day.

Not sure where to put this, but you are my friends.

My mother has been diagnosed With Non Hodgkin's luphoma. As cancers go, it's not too bad. She will recover. But, my mother has cancer.

Found out my mom had cancer a few years ago.  It was in her cheek - they caught it early and removed it np.  But still...cancer is cancer, and moms are moms.  Praying for a quick recovery for her and all the best to you and your family.  

My brother-in-law underwent stem cell transplant for that cancer in December of last year. He is cancer free today. I won't kid you, he is not 100% due to massive chemo associated with stem cell treatment, but he is doing great by all accounts. Let me know if you want more info. Well wishes for your mom. Jim

Cancer is a horrible thing. I lost my father to mesothelioma this January. You both have my sincerest sympathies and full support. Best wishes from Wyoming.

oh so sorry , i know exactly what your feeling , as to i lost both my parents to cancer . IT SUCKS!  hang tough . prayers sent ! 

I am sorry to hear about your mother but am glad the prognosis is good. It is difficult when our mothers become ill. This happened to our family almost 2 years ago. My seemingly healthy, strong mom was suddenly diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunately, it was the kind that has a 2% recovery rate and short life expectancy. Try to spend lots of time with her and family (even if on phone). The littlest things mean a lot and bring everyone closer. Best wishes.

Very sorry for the development.  Thoughts and prayers to you Alynne.  

Sorry to hear and hoping for a full recovery. 

Terrible news for sure. Prayers to you and your mother for strength.
Let her be strong for you, that's what mothers do, they stand strong for their children.
At the same time, be the rock she will need to lean on.
Modern treatment sucks the love of life out of most people. Don't let that happen.
Live. Laugh. Love.

Sorry to hear this, but keep your and her hopes for a complete recovery in your everyday thoughts. I will keep them in mine. I lost my brother almost 15 year ago to cancer. Cancer SUCKS!

I'm going through my own problems as well, need a second surgery for a mass in the pharynx. 

Good wishes and prayers to you and your mother

Again, thank you for the thoughts and the sharing.

My mom is 78 and my dad 80. I have been blessed that their health has always been excellent. Last year they bought a house in Florida for winters. Last week they got back from a 10 day European river cruise. They are going strong.

A few years ago they spent a lot of time organizing their estate. My brother has 5 kids and is not good with money. I have no kids and am self sufficient...it was complicated. I met with the lawyer and accountant, and was ok with it.

My father's 80th made me start thinking about the inevitable. It scares the shit out of me. Mostly what happens to the one if/when the other is gone.

I know this is the way it is, I just don't like it. Many of my peers have already lost a parent and I feel uncomfortable voicing my fears.

Thank you for this place to do so.

Back