• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

My classic sauce.

Hello, new here so I thought I'd break the ice by posting my favourite recipe and one that seems to leave everyone saying "can I have a jar?"

She's a lovely mix of Ghost/Reaper with pineapple and yellow pepper for a sweet yet spicy sauce with a awesome chucky salsa like texture and a beautful yellow colour with deadly specks of red. 

I usually only make really small batches as I don't keep it more then 1-2months. Also I tend to go by eye with my measurements as I normally don't like to follow recipes. Hah.

- 1 Ghost pepper and 1 Reaper loosely chopped with seeds

- 2 cups of fresh cut pineapple

- 1 cup fresh yellow bell pepper

- 1 cup of water

From here I put that into a pot and boil for about 15mins while stirring now and then until most of the water evaporates.
After that I let what's in the pot cool and then toss the mix into the food processor where I add roughly about: 

- 1/2 cup of white vinegar.

Then I blend until I feel the consistency is where I like it. Taste and bottle!

It's a very simple sauce that I enjoy because its so simple. It's absolute heaven on pizza, and Thai dishes.
It's also not stupid hot. Most people can enjoy a spoonful on their plate with pizza, etc. Although the more you have the heat level rises very nicely.

Here's a shot of what it looks like bottled:
IMG_2593.jpg

Thanks salsalady! Yeah it starts off sweet and harmless but the Ghost and Reapers do kick in quite nicely. I usually get that all over body warm feeling if I used a fair amount. :)

I seen a YouTube video recently, and this woman basically makes the exact same style of sauce, but she doesn't cook it and serves it fresh, which I like. But the kicker was she grilled her pineapple. I'm totally going to try that soon. It would add a nice addition layer of character I think.

3eeps said:
Thanks salsalady! Yeah it starts off sweet and harmless but the Ghost and Reapers do kick in quite nicely. I usually get that all over body warm feeling if I used a fair amount. :)

I seen a YouTube video recently, and this woman basically makes the exact same style of sauce, but she doesn't cook it and serves it fresh, which I like. But the kicker was she grilled her pineapple. I'm totally going to try that soon. It would add a nice addition layer of character I think.
And that lady is none other than our salsa - lady of the north.

J/k

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

3eeps said:

Do you have a link to the video?
I looked around some on Youtube but couldn't find it.

Im a huge fan of chinense and pineapple based sauces. Rothchild Farms has a fairly good commercially available one (hab and roasted pineapple) but its pretty mild.

Try adding yours to a coleslaw sometime....its great.

Ingredients
1 bag Coleslaw mix, store bought
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp.  Roasted Pineapple & Hab Sauce
2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
Extra-virgin olive oil, drizzled

Back