• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My DIY aero/hydro whatchamacallit

Hi guys, I went ahead and bought a GHE aeroponics system. Don't get me wrong, I love DIY but living in an apartment in Switzerland has a lot more limitations regarding the tools you have than living in south Africa where I came from. Also the system is small, looks good, which is a big thinb for the wife and is very effective. Instead of a mister it sucks water up a tube and spins this disk really quickly this distributing a fine "mist" onto the roots thus no clogging, I hope...

The roots are already nearly in the water below, damn. Anyway, seedlings started in tissue paper with one small root grow wonders in the mist. The roots grow very quickly and I'm very excited to see how the plants progress.

Will post a link of a video where a small Han was stuck in the hydro and the extreme recovery time.

Cheers all

Nilsen said:
Hi guys, I went ahead and bought a GHE aeroponics system. Don't get me wrong, I love DIY but living in an apartment in Switzerland has a lot more limitations regarding the tools you have than living in south Africa where I came from. Also the system is small, looks good, which is a big thinb for the wife and is very effective. Instead of a mister it sucks water up a tube and spins this disk really quickly this distributing a fine "mist" onto the roots thus no clogging, I hope...

The roots are already nearly in the water below, damn. Anyway, seedlings started in tissue paper with one small root grow wonders in the mist. The roots grow very quickly and I'm very excited to see how the plants progress.

Will post a link of a video where a small Han was stuck in the hydro and the extreme recovery time.

Cheers all
So because you went and bought a fancy setup, you have to rain on my homemade setup? that doesn't seem right. i've been using mine consistently and it works exactly as it should. Have fun with your no-soul misty spin.

fineexampl said:
So because you went and bought a fancy setup, you have to rain on my homemade setup? that doesn't seem right. i've been using mine consistently and it works exactly as it should. Have fun with your no-soul misty spin.

Ha ha, Kudos to you man regarding your system, I always prefer DIY solutions but as I said I don't have the tools or space to make one although I would have loved to so I just got a complete kit... It's always more rewardingseeing something you make work but...
That being said I actually forgot to mention in my original post that my soulless beast is on 24/7 as per manufacturer's reccomendations which kind of was my intention, to add to the aeroplnic discussion.
We can always have a grow off if you fancy... ;)

joeknowsjolokia said:
my whole aeroponic chamber cost me 30 dollars! I've been collecting fruit for a month of it...:lol:;):cool:

That's awesome, mine are still relatively small but since I got the ph correct they exploded, got some potted varieties for comparison, no comparison ;-) could you post some pics of your plants, I'd like to see how big the plants get when they start producing in an aero system...

Thanks

i will do that. aside from lettuce (which i harvested), i've been using it mostly for cloning. right now i have some herbs and some nasturtium in there so i'll show the progress. The nasturtium sprouted to about 2-3in in a week with plain water which is better than it did in any other medium so far, including promix and rockwool starters.

Nilsen said:
That's awesome, mine are still relatively small but since I got the ph correct they exploded, got some potted varieties for comparison, no comparison ;-) could you post some pics of your plants, I'd like to see how big the plants get when they start producing in an aero system...

Thanks

When I started.

01-05-09_1152.jpg

When they started growing pods!
03-03-09_1823.jpg

Not the best pics, I guess its been a while! They grow huge, just like outside!

Back