My favorite BBQ gift that I ever got.

I just love this Little Jalapeno Holder that I put right in my BBQ grille.
After cutting off the tops and de-seeding, I stuff the Jalapenos with Blue cheese and bacon bits.
Or Parmaesan cheese and Pepperoni (slim Jims will do).
There are so many variations... Of course it's great in the oven too.
If you don't have a Jalapeno holder...just put them in a large, oven proof cup.
Or make a tin foil cup from aluminum foil.
jal43.jpg

PJ, I bought one of those a while back. The first time I used it, several of the peppers (ABTs or whatever you call them) dropped through due to shrinkage (apparently heat has the opposite effect as cold water on Seinfeld). I did read some great tips on the popper thread here though. Slide a toothpick through your chile about halfway up before putting it in your chile grill and you will not lose any due to shrinkage and will get to taste all that popper awesomeness! Now I got to go find me some bleu cheese . . .

I've never tried one of the popper racks before...
DSCF0129.jpg

...but my DIY version of foil over an aluminum pie pan works pretty well,and the "hot smoked" boneless thighs didn't seem to mind to much either.
(BTW,the peppers shown are courtesy of my 2010 seeds from Pepper Joe's)

I've never tried one of the popper racks before...
DSCF0129.jpg

...but my DIY version of foil over an aluminum pie pan works pretty well,and the "hot smoked" boneless thighs didn't seem to mind to much either.
(BTW,the peppers shown are courtesy of my 2010 seeds from Pepper Joe's)
CM, man that looks delicious....especially the yellow chiles. What type are they?
:dance: :lol: :dance: :lol:

What ever type banana you sent me last season.
I still have the envelope they came in, so I'll check later tonight....but as I recall it simply said banana.

i saw a Jalapeno holder at BassPro, i think it was $29.99 and thought i would never use one of those, then i saw one on clearance(i think is at a Winners) for $9.99, still didn't buy it, now i wish i would have. i have to go out shopping today, i think i will look for one, my local grocery has some nice strong looking jalapenos and banana peppers. i think the wife would love stuffed peppers.

think i will steal joe's recipe.

I have a pepper rack and have used it a few times. So far, I still like the slice in half and lay it down method more. That way I can wrap more BACON per jalapeno.
icon_lol.gif
I should experiment with a way to add more BACON poundage on a jalapeno standing up on the rack. Pepper racks are cool.

Back