• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense My first Bhut harvest

Well here they are. My first two ripe Naga's grown by myself. First ever! lol well anyway on another note I am looking for suggestions on what to use this little batch for. It's going to be like this for awhile til everything starts kicking into high gear though. So should I go buy some habs (I have one ripe orange out of 15 different hab plants) and make a sauce with the two Naga's? A salsa? Let me know your thoughts.
zachary039.jpg

Not sure if youre a vinegar fan, but if you dry one up and let it just sit in about 2 cups of vinegar for a few days, it is amazing. On the salsas, youd have to grab a few more ingredients. I think you should get some habs and carrots and make a sauce. The carrot based hot sauce with habs and carrots was super good when I tried it out.

Just remember whatever you do, once it is in there its in there. add a little at a time and taste it.

Nice looking pods btw. I bet youll have fun.

Not sure if youre a vinegar fan, but if you dry one up and let it just sit in about 2 cups of vinegar for a few days, it is amazing. On the salsas, youd have to grab a few more ingredients. I think you should get some habs and carrots and make a sauce. The carrot based hot sauce with habs and carrots was super good when I tried it out.

Just remember whatever you do, once it is in there its in there. add a little at a time and taste it.

Nice looking pods btw. I bet youll have fun.

I think i'll do that. PM a decent recipe or a link to one. I have carrots, pineapple(canned), onions, garlic, 10 orange habs, Thai's, and some Jalapeno's, white distilled vinegar, and spices.

Man I really really hate to say this but they look more like a Naga Morich to me. That's just my opinion and please feel free to ignore it.

Bon appetit. Let us know how it tastes.

Man I really really hate to say this but they look more like a Naga Morich to me. That's just my opinion and please feel free to ignore it.

Bon appetit. Let us know how it tastes.

Trust me, I thought they looked different as well. THought they were Dorset's when I saw they were so "pointy". Which I'm not sure if Dorset's are the same as Naga Morich's. According to the chiliman database they are.

Dorset Naga's are not the same as Naga Morich. If you look at the pics of the Bhut Jolokia on the chiliman's database they don't look like yours.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt, apologies to you SY. Do you mind if I post a picture of some Bhut Jolokia's I'm growing? Not saying mine are perfect but the seed is from the CPI at NMSU.

Oh that's fine Patrick. Yeah, when I looked at a pod Kaiser sent me I knew they were some other type. But if they are in fact Naga Morich I am ok with that as well. THe only reason I thought they were the same was because of the heading here http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?chile=1&find=dorset+naga&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&submit=Search. My pods matched the naga morich A LOT more, so you are correct. Not Bhuts. But I do have a small Bhut plant that I know is true.....whether or not i'll be able to get pods off of it this season is another story.

good start. and hey nagas are nagas. whether it's bhuts , moriches or dorsetts they're all gonna make you wanna call 911. any smooth meltable cheese a can or two of rotel some cilantro and afew of those peppers chopped up. throw it together put it at 350 degrees in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. grab the tostitos and go to town.

good start. and hey nagas are nagas. whether it's bhuts , moriches or dorsetts they're all gonna make you wanna call 911. any smooth meltable cheese a can or two of rotel some cilantro and afew of those peppers chopped up. throw it together put it at 350 degrees in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. grab the tostitos and go to town.

Dude.......I have all that. Nice! I'm doing this next weekend. Used my only 4 nagas in my sauce that I just made. Thanks for the idea man.

Back