• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense My first bhut jolokia

I ate one last night, and I was surprised that there was no heat at all. I was pissed off, to be honest. I ate three that I bought from the store, and none of them were any hotter than a spoonful of franks redhot.

EDIT: They're the real deal. I tried another, larger, more mature pod.

Ok, I take all that back. I was about to cook the three I had left, and I decided to lick the inside of one... just to make sure. I can tell you all they were the real deal. I just ate a few duds yesterday. My fingertips are freaking tingling and my whole body is trembling from the endorphin rush. Tomorrow I might eat a whole one... again... just to seal the deal.

So you ate three yellow Bhut Jolokia's and there was no heat. Then you licked the inside of one and it burnt your tongue? Call me confused, didn't know bhut jolokia's came in "duds".

So you ate three yellow Bhut Jolokia's and there was no heat. Then you licked the inside of one and it burnt your tongue? Call me confused, didn't know bhut jolokia's came in "duds".
Immature pods with undeveloped placentas, maybe. And, no. They were not yellow. They were red. The one that had heat was a long pointy one with red at the stem end and a green tip.

Back