• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting My first ever harvest

A whole 360g/.78lbs of Fresno's.

3883320562_174191ac6e.jpg

I just ate the most ripe one, had the slightest hint of red on the side. It burned the ever living shit out of my stomach. Burned my mouth good too. Needless to say, I don't think I'll ever be eating a whole habby or hotter. I had surgery on my stomach a while back, guess my stomach is a little more sensitive than I want it to be :(

Thanks guys. I'm pretty stoked. Probably gonna end up just smoking them chipotle style, then saving in oil for recipes, bbq sauces and whatnot. We'll see.

@SS I know man, I had to when I saw there was such a thing as Fresno chili.

My Fresnos this year are very mild, red or green. They came from Wegman's Grocery store originally, maybe just a mild strain. Good flavor and I would grow them again, just no real heat. About the same as a mild Jalapeno.

Thanks a bunch guys.

MrArboc said:
No offence intended, but is there a reason you picked them before they where ripe?

I had been picking off the plants for the last few weeks, testing heat and ripeness. They have kind of peaked out, far as I can tell anyhow. I only have about a month and half left before the cold ends my season so I decided to pick what was ok and then let the medium sized ones left on the plant to ripen till seasons end. Guess I'm a bit impatient too.

Back