• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My first Glog

Hey everyone I am new to this forum but have learned so much good info and I feel like I am ready to dive in and start a log! I just received my seeds from mpicante and got em soaking for 24 hours before I sow in soil pods. Heres what I got!

Thanks again mpicante!

My small list of what I am starting off with: planted on 10/10/15
-Reaper
-Chocolate scotch bonnet
-Yellow brain strain 7 pot
-Chocolate brain strain 7 pot (pepper lover)
-Red brain strain 7 pot
-Orange bell
These were planted in the beginning of October
-Orange habanero
-Ghost pepper (pepper joe)
-Trinidad scourpion (pepper joe)

Most recently added:
-CHEIRO ROXA
-Giant red stuffed

Hope everyone had a great Xmas! Another update here, everything is looking great but running out of space, and fast! I should have started with not so many plants per variety haha not a bad problem to have I suppose. But I am most surprised with my hydro bucket!

Leaves are HUGE and seem to be pretty crinkly. I have noticed a very small brown crunchy area on the end of one of the leaves. I am guessing nute burn but I am still on seedling streingth and its growing like crazy. The stem is slightly bigger than a pencil!

I know GH products run kinda hot but for now I will continue the nutriant schedule I got going now. As I understand it the flora duo contains all the micro nutes I need so I haven't considered using calmag. What do you guys think? Am I on the right track with my first hydro grow? Does the plant look normal and healthy for this setup?

I am very surprised how the hydro is doing. It's crazy how much it has surpassed the soil plants.

I have been running out of room indoors so I have been moving some of my plants to windows. We have been getting random downpours of rain here in socal and at night it will dip into the low 30s. Not sure when I'll be able to plant out. A small greenhouse sounds pretty nice right now haha. I don't know how some of you guys do it with more extream weather as we are spoiled out here with fairly warm temps and almost no storms!

mpicante said:
Youre welcome just keep doing what youre doing and youll do great.The rain here lately has put a damper on putting plants out but i guess the weather guys werent kidding about EL NINO!
It's no joke! We definently could use the rain tho! My house is gonna turn into the rainfoest cafe if this weather keeps me from planting out lol.

Here's the Trinidad scorpion I didn't top doing its thing! Surprised to see peppers this early but I am sure the yield will be slim on such a small plant.

Another update here!
I am thinking I have a nitrogen deficiency what do you guys think?
It's on 2 of my scorpion peppers and my 2 flowering plants as well (Orange hab and scorpion)

I am thinking my plants are getting root bound in the solo cups. I'll probably need to pot up soon. I have also noticed some copper colored spots, looks like some kind of fungal infection?

Ozzy2001 said:
Plants look great man.  That is a bigass leaf.
Thanks Ozzy! I topped that guy cause I am limited on hight in my grow box, but it's sure growing out! With shoots in all directions! I am really intrested to see how this one turns out as far as pod production indoors as this is my first hydro grow and growing peppers indoors all together.

One of my yellowing TS plants (not overwatered) I decided to pot up. I am thinking it will look much healthier in a couple weeks given how root bound it was in the solo cup.

Here are my window plants doing quite well.
(PL) giant red stuffed bell

Looking at the pod size already it looks like it will be a pretty big pepper! Can't wait to smoke,grill and stuff it!

Getting ready to plant out. I am planning on prepping this planter box with soil amendment and a mix of compost I made in my yard. Thinking also about setting up a drip system just need to tap into my sprinkler system so should be pretty easy!

Dwc update! Roots are getting huge so I decided to transition into bloom. Hopefully I will start to see flowers soon! I have been at seedling streingth the entire time with this grow. The flora duo 2 part nutriants are very strong so less is definitely more! I am sure the GH feeding schedule is meant for the "other kind of pepper" not the ones we grow here :onfire:

Back