• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My first Glog

Hey everyone I am new to this forum but have learned so much good info and I feel like I am ready to dive in and start a log! I just received my seeds from mpicante and got em soaking for 24 hours before I sow in soil pods. Heres what I got!

Thanks again mpicante!

My small list of what I am starting off with: planted on 10/10/15
-Reaper
-Chocolate scotch bonnet
-Yellow brain strain 7 pot
-Chocolate brain strain 7 pot (pepper lover)
-Red brain strain 7 pot
-Orange bell
These were planted in the beginning of October
-Orange habanero
-Ghost pepper (pepper joe)
-Trinidad scourpion (pepper joe)

Most recently added:
-CHEIRO ROXA
-Giant red stuffed

Update! My hydro plant is exploding! I have ditched the GH nutrient chart and am doing my own mix. As Soon as I changed the mix to 6 ml a gal grow and 7 ml a gal bloom (around 700ppm) I have started getting small buds all around! The next nute change I think I will keep grow the same but really bump up the bloom and see how that goes. I am starting to get root bound in my res so I want to get flowers going asap! Here's what I got going!

It was getting too close to the Mh bulb(3 inches away) so i moved the light up as it burned a few leaves. I an very surprised at how much water it drinks. I think that has to do with the light being so close.

Update! Been busy lately with work and my jeep so haven't had much time to post but here's some peppers getting some California sun!
What I have planted out so far:
Orange hab
Yellow scotch bonnet
Ch scotch bonnet
Bhut jolokia
Trinidad scorpion
Orange bell
Red brain strain 7 pod
More to come :onfire:

karoo said:
Your hydro grow is a beauty , but always good to see pepper plants in the soil in the sun outside. :party:
Thank you! I am just hoping they won't get eaten by bugs. I do have an aphid problem so might grab some azamax.

Hydro update.
I only have 1 brain strain on my hydro grow and overall it doesn't seem to be doing well. I have had a huge aphid infestation that I can't seem to get a hold of. I think one of my main mistakes with my dwc was not toping it early enough so it stretched too close to the lights. Also I think my feeding schedule has something to do with all the flower drop.

Because the GH duo chart seemed to be to strong for my plant I decided to experiment with my own nute levels. I think next time around I will stick to there feeding chart and just cut the strength down.

As I am planting out I now have more room indoors to start some new varieties!
I picked up a white hab seedling from a local nursery and I also have there 3 germinating now curtesy of steelheat :onfire: thanks brother!
-aji fantasy
-Jays peach ghost scorpion
-Sbj7
More to come!!

After removing my hydro grow that had a terrible aphid infestation bleaching my grow area and rinsing and treating all the remaining plants with azamax, I seem to be bug free! I have started a new hydro brain strain that I will top much earlier to make it more bushy and keep it away from my hid. Here are the first 2 plants that have popped!

It's been a while since I've been on here due to stress at work and family issues. But I love for peppers has not stopped growing! Some plants have been neglected but here's a cross cut of my latest yellow brain strain
https://postimg.org/image/k88pprr0l/]
image.jpg

Back