• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

pics My first harvest

3858905203_412323d256.jpg

3859691826_b3b67f88f1.jpg

Yippy-kay-yay Mother Hubbard :onfire::D

Funnily enough from the 2 different rooms I grew them in I had 23 from each today with different numbers of plants in each. 199g/7oz of fresh home grown cayenne, thanks for the help guys.

RichardK said:
Nice harvest! Nice placemats too ;)

Thanks I like them as well, shame they are so badly made that one of the first times they were wiped clean they got water damage, still nothing a strategically placed whisky bottle can't fix ;)

Silver_Surfer said:
Wow, that was a quick fix!

Lookin great. Now what are your plans for them?

I'm planning on drying some (ristra stylee) and freezing a few to have as fresh, I might change my mind if I find a hot sauce recipe I'd like to try...

Mate, dry them or use fresh - I wouldn't bother freezing cayenne(unless you were going to dry them later). They are great dried, though either in their own as a powder or use to bulk out other powders.

Nice crop though - good buzz when you get a pile, eh?

Oh, and the jealousy-o-meter is high with regard to the Malt. Good stuff, eh?

nice going on the cayennes. they're one of my personal faves. I usually mix them with some habs into a sauce (approx 25 cayennes to 8-10 habs ratio to bring the heat up a bit...with red wine venegar, lime jice and lots of garlic.)

Can't go wrong with dried cayenne either. lots of uses. have fun with it!

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm pretty pleased with the haul and I'm already looking forward to next year when I'll hopefully have a couple of overwintered plants and a new variety or 2. One set of windowsills got hit pretty hard by aphids and the other set got none and were waay more productive (less plants as well) so I'll be extra careful next time to check for the little buggers regularly :evil:
byebye said:
Oh, and the jealousy-o-meter is high with regard to the Malt. Good stuff, eh?

It's a great drop, the first unchillfiltered Highland Park I'd ever seen and the price was good so I couldn't resist.

Need stronger string for my ristra...

Back