• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

My first hot sauce !

Hey friends,

I got some inspiration from this website and i was so excited that i started my own hot sauce :D
( i'm a cheff so i just thought of something that i thought would be nice )

Ingredients:
Canned Tomato's
Onion
Garlic
Oregano
salt
pepper
provenciale herbs
cajun
vinegar
Chicken stock
Dried chili peppers ( pequin )

xf5q.jpg

Letting everything cook slowly for about 20 minutes
e7u.JPG

Here it is ready, i liked this 'thickness'
jtp8.jpg

And here i am ready to blend it all 
k1y9.jpg

Finished sauce
nt4i.jpg

So i liked this sauce so much i wanted to share this,
and i can't wait to start some new hot sauces with different styles/flavors.

In fact ... i liked it so much,
i made 4 more bottles the day after :D haha
But more a lot more garlic, more oregano, and more cajun.
wzn4.jpg

Greets,
peter.

Looks good Laphroaig.

I noted that you used Chicken Stock in there. Canning with meat / stock is usually done using a pressure canning system. If you use proper hot pack procedures then you should be ok if it's kept in the fridge. I'd hate to see anyone get sick.

SL, thoughts?

RocketMan said:
Looks good Laphroaig.

I noted that you used Chicken Stock in there. Canning with meat / stock is usually done using a pressure canning system. If you use proper hot pack procedures then you should be ok if it's kept in the fridge. I'd hate to see anyone get sick.

SL, thoughts?

I guess when I read the OP a couple days ago I just assumed it was chicken bullion-- there isn't really any meat products in there anyway. Now if he used home made stock, that is a different story and I completely agree with your thoughts.

RocketMan said:
Looks good Laphroaig.

SL, thoughts?

Jeff H said:

I guess when I read the OP a couple days ago I just assumed it was chicken bullion-- there isn't really any meat products in there anyway. Now if he used home made stock, that is a different story and I completely agree with your thoughts.

Oh wow i didn't know this ... and i am a cheff LOL 
I did use a dried bouillon/stock cube wich i put in water so it should be fine :)

i know this recipe will last for 3 weeks minimum in the fridge, i haven't been able to keep them longer :p i love it too much :dance:

Thank you for this info, i will have to watch out for that should i use fresh homemade stock !

Back