annuum My first Jalapeno

I decided that a couple of chili cheese dogs sounded like a great lunch today. I was just thinking "Man I wish I had some pickled Japs to top them with". Then I remembered that I had some fresh ones out on one of my plants. I thought there was no way it would be very good because they're still a little on the immature side, but I figured......what the hell.....lets give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised when I sliced into it and immediately smelled that fresh jalapeno aroma. I popped one of the rings into my mouth and experienced a nice little zing and burst of heat that lasted for a few minutes before dissipating.

Here are a few pics of the pepper. It's the first hot pepper I've ever harvested from my own garden! I think it tasted even better because I knew that I had grown it myself :D

Just picked...

4678821811_97fef87c76.jpg

Freshly sliced...

4679453888_f36c8554c4.jpg

On top of a couple of chili dogs...

4678822005_5ecd16e518.jpg

Very nice DH. I can't believe you're picking peppers already. I don't even have all mine in the ground yet! Good job!

that looks awesome mate! i too grew my first jalapeno this year, and was very surprised at the flavour of a red ripe pod :)

Very nice! A fresh homegrown Jalapeno is always a great taste experience. Let a few get red ripe and see if you like the flavor even more. Store bought Jalapenos or the ones pickled in a jar don't come close to the taste of one fresh from your garden.

Back