• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting My first multi harvest

My first proper harvest. I had a small harvest of Red Savina's a couple weeks ago but this time i harvested more with many many more on the plant's.

The only chili peppers missing from my harvest are the Devils Rib & Bengle Naga's.... they will come later ;)

Jalapenos, Savina's and Dorsets..

Also been harvesting Tomatoes and sweet peppers for weeks now.

Very nice.  Good job letting the jalapeños go to red; I think they're much tastier that way.

Those are some happy-looking pods.

-NT

newpeppergrower1105 said:
nice! a little to much red get some yellow and brown in there :dance:

haha, yes and more red podded chilies to come :D

I hope to be growing some yellow & brown next year. 
DevilsEyes said:
Very nice looking harvest u got there!! Whats the plan of doing with them? Pickle them? drying or freezing?
(Just to get some tips for mine later :)  )

I have frozen most of them. I have been ordering loads of different kinds of super hots lately and have yet to get through them, so the ones i'm growing have been frozen for storage. i think by this time next year i will still have plenty of pods left in the freezer.

I reckon between my 3 savina plants there are at least an 200+ pods growing... my devils rib has 100's too.

scotchnaga85 said:

haha, yes and more red podded chilies to come :D

I hope to be growing some yellow & brown next year. 

I have frozen most of them. I have been ordering loads of different kinds of super hots lately and have yet to get through them, so the ones i'm growing have been frozen for storage. i think by this time next year i will still have plenty of pods left in the freezer.

I reckon between my 3 savina plants there are at least an 200+ pods growing... my devils rib has 100's too.

I hope I spell it right : humongeous!!! Thats a freakin lot of peppers to work with later! My superhots are just starting to ripe one by one...
So I was just wondering what to do. I recently bought a dehydrator so I'm going to dry some, but I definateley want to keep some in the freezer as well
for later processing. U are speaking of keeping them in the freezer till next year. U reckon they'll keep that long?

Greetz,

Oli

DevilsEyes said:

I hope I spell it right : humongeous!!! Thats a freakin lot of peppers to work with later! My superhots are just starting to ripe one by one...
So I was just wondering what to do. I recently bought a dehydrator so I'm going to dry some, but I definateley want to keep some in the freezer as well
for later processing. U are speaking of keeping them in the freezer till next year. U reckon they'll keep that long?

Greetz,

Oli
Sure they'll keep, I feeze every year. What i do is bag them and then place in a box in the freezer :)
I find I loose some flavour when drying them but freezing them retains the flavour of the pepper. :)

My second full sized harvest of Red Savina's. I've shit loads more on the 3 plants i have... really not sure what to do with them all.

Decent sized pods too..

And finally, my first harvest of Devils Ribs along side a few more Dorset Naga's

Back