• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My First Season in SA

Having moved from the UK, back home to South Africa only a month ago - I decided to get things started without wasting time. All my grow stuff and lights are still en route so I have just had to improvise.

Anyway - this is where I am at the moment

Started under makeshift lights
IMAG0087.jpg

Growing up
IMAG0093.jpg

And now - life in the shade house

I hope to have more updates as we go along

So long for now

Mike

Hey Greg

I got some cayennes, african birds eye and tabasco - my one lonely habanero isn't nearly big enough to transplant out yet

Hey Mike,
That combo right there in itself ( cayenne, bird, tabasco) with a few other basis's makes an excellent sauce...

Good luck on your season, do you also grow any type of Scotch Bonnet...?

Greg

Hey Mike,
That combo right there in itself ( cayenne, bird, tabasco) with a few other basis's makes an excellent sauce...

Good luck on your season, do you also grow any type of Scotch Bonnet...?

Greg

Thanks Greg

Unfortunately no scotch bonnets on the go at the moment, I'll take notes though - what are the others that would then make up that sauce, and can I find the recipe on this forum? I can see the shade house becoming a hot house :)

Hiya make nice to selection of plant to start..certainly had flavor in mind which is the best way to start,will look forward to your updates.:)

Hi Mike,

Do you know where in SA I can find the flourescent grow lamps? I'd like to try LED also, but I see so much hype and no definite guarantees that they work. Most seem like chinese imports, which leads me to believe that they are "cheap kak"

Nice plants!

Hi Mike,

Do you know where in SA I can find the flourescent grow lamps? I'd like to try LED also, but I see so much hype and no definite guarantees that they work. Most seem like chinese imports, which leads me to believe that they are "cheap kak"

Nice plants!

www.windell.co.za ;)

Hey Dogshow,

That's an awesome start. Good looking plants. If I had the choice to grow chillies anywhere in SA it would be Durb's for sure!!

Mr Chilli: Try bidorbuy.co.za they have led grow lights there. They are cheap and chinese, but my seedlings grew ok without any issues.

Good Luck!

More Updates

The kids are all coming along nicely so I thought I'd update my captains log

The Cayennes almost ready for a repot

IMAG0128.jpg

My Tabasco plant making strong progress
IMAG0127.jpg

My Birdseye - Happy as Larry

IMAG0126.jpg

And Thanks to Greg - I now have a some serious super hots to look forward to growing - Further updates to follow for sure :dance:

Back