• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds My first seedlings of 2012

Since only 10 have germinated so far, they are under my kitchen light which is a
64k bulb. When I get more germinating they will go in the den under the T8's. My
first seedlings are 3 brain strain from cappy, 2 yellow brain stain from Judy, 2 safi
red bonnets from greg, 1 douglah,and 2 fooderama scotch bonnet from greg.
Hard to believe these tiny plants are going to have some major heat!

DSCN0836.jpg

They look like happy babies to me, congratulations! I think you mean 6400K right? 64K would be like... I don't even know deep red/brown or something hahaha

Nice start for your hotties!
Good luck growing this year.

Hard to believe these tiny plants are going to have some major heat!

Yep. I find it pretty cool myself. For me, that is one of the most attractive aspects of growing from seed. Seeing them go from nothing to big plants loaded with pods. I hope you have a great season and keep us posted. We love pictures...

Nice, makes me smile how nice they look, just today my Choc Hab. came up, and some Ghost Pepper, waiting for some Douglahs, Scorpions, Brains, and 7Pots

The babies are growing up. Brain Strain (cappy), Brain Strain Yellow (judy), 1 Doughlah (hippy seed Co),
and Fooderama Scotch Bonnet (Greg). I have more than this, but these are the biggest.

DSCN0841.jpg

Those are growing Pretty fast, ive started way before your seedlings and mine came up a month before yours and they stil haven't shown true leaves, thats weird but im sure you probably give them more light and heat either way Congrats and they seem to be in Tip Top Condition =]

Those are growing Pretty fast, ive started way before your seedlings and mine came up a month before yours and they stil haven't shown true leaves, thats weird but im sure you probably give them more light and heat either way Congrats and they seem to be in Tip Top Condition =]

Wow, maybe you should transplant them. What are yours growing in? I planted some of my peppers in coconut fiber and my newest
seedlings do not like it to much. I transplanted them even though they are tiny with no true leaves. I think I like the peat pellets better.

You have been slacking! ;)
I think I have Jamie. :lol:

Not much to look at yet. Most of my peppers will be in pots/grow bags, a few are in the ground.
Some of these poor babies need to be potted up desperately. I'm going to do as many as I can
today.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

I had 3 wild brazil's from ajijoe, 2 died. This is only survivor.
DSC_0004.jpg

This is a ground cherry.
DSC_0003.jpg

This is more plants I have to transplant, some are flowers & herbs. I go overboard every year.
DSC_0005.jpg

The varieties I'm growing is: congo trinidad, red scotch bonnet, 1 red savina, wild brazil, belize sweet,
zapotec jalapeno, vaquero jalapeno, numex primavera, chocolate hab, choc scorpion, sport, 7 pot,
fooderama scotch bonnet, tfm scotch bonnet, carolina cayenne, takanotsume, antillais hab, thai red,
orange thai, trotolino amoraoso, honduras wild, chili tepin pima bajo, chilitepin tarahumara, del diablo,
serrano del sol, corbaci, tolli's sweet italian, Quadratro d' asti rosso, chimayo.
Seems like a lot, but some I have only 1 variety.

Very nice! I love the way you've covered pretty much the entire deck, steps and all. Good variety in your grow list too!

Have you grown those ground cherries before? I usually grow a large patch at the comm. garden plot, but I'm thinking of trying them in containers this year.

I haven't ordered covers for my Earthboxes yet. The shipping costs more than the covers! I noticed you have a large planter next to them with no cover. I'm wondering about growing in them without a cover. Last year I made homemade ones out of garbage bags, but ended up taking them off, because the mix I used was holding too much water.

Thanks for the update!

Back