• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

My first superhot salsa of the year

So my hot and superhot peppers had a really slow start, super long germination times, and then with the heat wave early in the summer, they were almost stunted for a while. The Moruga has taken off now and the chocolate habs are just starting to fruit. My husband had already grabbed a green moruga last week and put some super thin slices on a tomato sandwich, but he was just begging for some salsa. Sooo, tonight, I caved since I had some smal ripe tomatoes that needed using and made about a quart of salsa. After I put the jalapenos and one green habanero in, I divided it in half ( so some would be edible for people other than him LOL) and then added one finely chopped Moruga to his half. One bite and he had to grab some water, but he has now killed almost half of it. I told him it would be better tomorrow, but he can't stop. We grew some ghost peppers last year, but this is our first time with the Moruga. The one I used the "tail" seemed to be inverted up inside of it, but this other one in the picture has the stinger.
I hope these are true morugas, it has the rough, pebbly texture kind of like the brain strain. I hope my picture link works this is my first attempt
9258fdd2.jpg

Back