chinense My Friend Owns the Scorpion Chocolate...Wants The Baddest!

My friend, whose only chile pepper experience has been with jalapenos, successfully completed the chile challenge.  He ate the Scorpion Chocolate that I sent him with little theatrics typical of most people you see on youtube.  Now, he has brazenly challenged me to send him the hottest pod there is(whatever that may be!).  Unfortunately, my season is about over, but you can see him defeat the chocolate scorpion below.  The video runs long, so you might want to fast forward to about the 8-9 minute mark.  He's a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5IXy9kPOs&feature=c4-overview&list=UUoNKwj7_3BJ0wi8XH0WqcWQ

Handled that like a champ!  :dance:
No personal experience on this particular pepper, but I've seen a lot of experienced people on here say smileyguy697's Douglah/Butch T cross is the hottest they've ever had. 

Here Also Im Willing To Send Him A "Moruga Brown" lol

but we wanna see more videos though Of Jamison Primo & My Moruga Brown lol :rofl:  :party:  :dance:

Jamison said:
Def handled that well! I'd love to send him a Primo!

I was tempted to fast forward to 8 min like you said, but I'm glad I didn't. He's just too damn fun to watch. Can't wait to see him give another heavy hitter a go round!

Sick625 said:
Is he willing to do another video if I send him a Brown Moruga???

Absolutely, he will do another video.  I will call him today, and PM you his address.  I mentioned the spitting to him, but if Ted Barrus can do it, I guess it's allowed, no?

Roguejim said:
Absolutely, he will do another video.  I will call him today, and PM you his address.  I mentioned the spitting to him, but if Ted Barrus can do it, I guess it's allowed, no?
I wanna see him do a Primo too! Let me know! I'll def send him a couple. He beasted that thing!

I'm gonna have to look at what i got on my douglah x ts f4. I'll break him off... Lol. Might not be this week but pm me dude!
And yeah i didn't fast forward cause he's awesome to watch! Look out Nigel we got a new contender in the ring!

It's looking like Sick625 is sending a brown moruga to my friend, Paul, to be eaten next Saturday, the video posted soon after. We'll see how Paul handles a brown moruga. Can't wait!

Having had both on multiple occasions, the brown Moruga is in a different league.

I don't think he knows what he's in for.

And yeah. Down with the spitting. Just because Ted does it doesn't make it right.

I think it's disgusting. Eat the pepper, and man up the whole way.

What a great job!!! Awesome stuff and very engaging too.

It`s a gigantically huge jump from a Chocolate Scorpion to a Brown Moruga or a Primo. 

I`m not into the spitting thing, either.

Nigel said:
What a great job!!! Awesome stuff and very engaging too.

It`s a gigantically huge jump from a Chocolate Scorpion to a Brown Moruga or a Primo. 

I`m not into the spitting thing, either.
 Yes, I tried to get it across to him what a massive jump it would be.  But, alas, he remains undeterred.  One point of interest though, 2 hours after eating the scorp chocolate and going to bed, he woke up very nauseous.  He said he quickly drank some baking soda and water which gave complete relief within seconds.  Good to know.

It`s funny what happens with peppers. Obviously he got an acid attack that made him nauseous, otherwise baking soda wouldn`t have helped so quickly. 

I have had a hyper-acid stomach since I was 16 (it runs in the family). I was tested once, via a nasogastric tube and pentagastrin infusion. My stomach produces 10 times more acid that is considered normal. Hence, I take prilosec all the time. Unless Im eating a lot of hot peppers. Then I don`t have to take prilosec AT ALL. I`ve done the experiment on my self literally hundreds of times and every single time, a pepper of heat above a certain level (I guess at around 750,000 or so), I get zero issues with stomach acid. None whatsoever. 

Aren`t humans weird? Or is it just me?      :P

Nigel said:
It`s funny what happens with peppers. Obviously he got an acid attack that made him nauseous, otherwise baking soda wouldn`t have helped so quickly. 

I have had a hyper-acid stomach since I was 16 (it runs in the family). I was tested once, via a nasogastric tube and pentagastrin infusion. My stomach produces 10 times more acid that is considered normal. Hence, I take prilosec all the time. Unless Im eating a lot of hot peppers. Then I don`t have to take prilosec AT ALL. I`ve done the experiment on my self literally hundreds of times and every single time, a pepper of heat above a certain level (I guess at around 750,000 or so), I get zero issues with stomach acid. None whatsoever. 

Aren`t humans weird? Or is it just me?      :P
Very interesting, Doctor! Now tell us why this is so, please.

I don`t know Jim. I think it deserves further research. 

Remember that capsaicin binds to and activates an ion pump, called TRPV1. I expect that at high doses capsaicin does something to block the H/K ATP-ase in the stomach. The H/K ATP-ase is an ion pump in the stomach lining that exchanges protons (H+ ions) for potassium (K+ ions), i.e. it pumps proton s into the stomach to form acids. Prilosec binds to and blocks this pump. 

That would be my guess, but it`s only a guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRPV1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_potassium_ATPase

and that`s my 1000th post.

Congrats on 1,000 posts, Nigel! I've been on Aciphex then Protonix then Nexium and now Prilosec for 15 years so can we say, "A CARDI a day keeps the Dr. away"?

Back