• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense My Friend Owns the Scorpion Chocolate...Wants The Baddest!

Nigel said:

It`s a gigantically huge jump from a Chocolate Scorpion to a Brown Moruga or a Primo. 

I've never had a chocolate scorp but I was always under the impression that chocolate peppers were hotter than their red counterparts. Is that not true with the choc scorp?

He did do a pretty good job and was honest about it, Its not all that easy eating  those hot babies.  I was desseding some Chocolate Bhuts and 7 pot Infinities last night and licked the oils off the blade, At first I was hit buy a bitter taste from the Chocolat Bhuts and then the heat came on, I must say the burn was pretty good. AS my doctor doesn't want me chewing on any hot peppers because I just got out of the hospital a week or so back and will be resting for awhile. I will have fun watching new Vids of people eating hot peppers.  I have some red Brains that I would like to try at some point which should be interesting. 

Jeff H said:

I've never had a chocolate scorp but I was always under the impression that chocolate peppers were hotter than their red counterparts. Is that not true with the choc scorp?

Jeff H said:

It`s generally true, but not always. In this case I don`t find the Chocolate scorps to be as hot as the red ones. 

Nigel said:
It`s funny what happens with peppers. Obviously he got an acid attack that made him nauseous, otherwise baking soda wouldn`t have helped so quickly. 

I have had a hyper-acid stomach since I was 16 (it runs in the family). I was tested once, via a nasogastric tube and pentagastrin infusion. My stomach produces 10 times more acid that is considered normal. Hence, I take prilosec all the time. Unless Im eating a lot of hot peppers. Then I don`t have to take prilosec AT ALL. I`ve done the experiment on my self literally hundreds of times and every single time, a pepper of heat above a certain level (I guess at around 750,000 or so), I get zero issues with stomach acid. None whatsoever. 

Aren`t humans weird? Or is it just me?      :P

also, isnt capsaicin an alcaloid?

cheers, Al

Back