• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Frist Grow Season

So I have been inactive on the forums for a while but something happened last night that I thought only people here would really find funny.

A brief update (I will try to get some pictures up later tonight) All of my peppers shown above have now started to ripen to a nice red color, and the ones that I have eaten have been very very hot. :woohoo:

Now, for the story...In some of those pictures you can see that I have these plants out in the front of my house which is near a main road of the area that I live in. Well, last night a few kids were walking up the street yelling pretty loud at each other. To the point where I almost thought there was a fight out in the street. Well I then heard one of the girls yell to get her one of those peppers, (this may be mean but) that made me smile and even laugh a bit. :hell: I saw some one come up and pick one. I watched out the window to make sure he was not destroying my plants as he took the pepper. I then saw the girl take a bite and instantly started freaking out. Then the boy that was with her took a bite of the pepper and started yelling at the top of his lungs for water. At that point I had to walk out and laugh at them. In my eyes it serves them right for coming up and picking my peppers. :rofl:

Here are some recent pictures of my harvest. The difference in size and shape of the pod from the in ground plants vs the potted plants is incredible.

IMAG0168.jpg

Potted peppers
IMAG0170.jpg

In Ground peppers
IMAG0171.jpg

Biggest from that harvest
IMAG0167.jpg

Size comparison
IMAG0172.jpg

There were harvested about a month ago and I didn't get around to posting them then.
IMAG0153.jpg

Tomatoes: Black Zebra, Yellow Zebra, Great Whites, Pear, and cherry in there some where.
IMAG0169.jpg

Thanks PrairieChilihead. It has been fun through out the process with these. I have learned a lot from the people on this forum. As my plants are starting to finish producing soon I am thinking of moving to asexual propagation with some cuttings taken from these plants. If I do go that rout I will make sure to take more pictures and share all the progress here.

I hope to diversify my crops next year. I have read about a few that I would like to try out, and some reparable places to get the seed or plants from for next season.

An absolutely wonderful job of growing Bhut Jolokias for a seasoned pro so you should be proud of yourself mesatrin.

Love the little thief story, teach them kids a lesson. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Back