• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce My hot sauce spreadsheet

I mentioned my spreadsheet in another thread, and some people expressed some interest in it. I won't post it in its entirety, but I figured I would show how I set it up incase anyone was interested in setting up their own.

Maker Sauce Type Type (2) Heat Flavor

The nice thing is I can make it searchable by maker, main pepper (Type), unique properties (Type (2)), or heat. Flavor is where I put my individual comments on sauces. It currently stands at 154 entries, and there are some I need to add to update it.

what a great idea! how long have you been keeping these records?

I think I need to do this myself. thanks for the suggestion

That's cool. My wife set something up similar for me in excell I stand at 354 sauces opened and tried. I'm not only a sauce maker I'm a lover of hot things.
What program you use Mason?

Mick
Kato's

I just use Excel since I have it on both my work laptop and home PC, and I'm familiar with it. There probably is some inventory software that would be better, but I'm happy with what I have.

Chilliman, I've been keeping records for about 3 years, and I know I need to update it because I try a lot of sauces at the local Cajun restaurant. I just need to set aside some time to look up the sauces on websites so I can enter them in. It's a great way to try before I buy; although I admit that the manager doesn't have much of a clue - most of them are pretty standard vinegary habanero sauces.

dreamtheatervt said:
I mentioned my spreadsheet in another thread, and some people expressed some interest in it. I won't post it in its entirety, but I figured I would show how I set it up incase anyone was interested in setting up their own.

Maker Sauce Type Type (2) Heat Flavor

The nice thing is I can make it searchable by maker, main pepper (Type), unique properties (Type (2)), or heat. Flavor is where I put my individual comments on sauces. It currently stands at 154 entries, and there are some I need to add to update it.
I've also got a spreadsheet for my collection. It's the only way I can keep track of what I own, what I've tried, what was good, who makes it / where, etc. etc. etc.

kato said:
That's cool. My wife set something up similar for me in excell I stand at 354 sauces opened and tried. I'm not only a sauce maker I'm a lover of hot things.
What program you use Mason?

Mick
Kato's

Microsoft Access is probably the best (and easiest) database software. You can query it, unlike Excel. Your basic microsoft software (Microsoft Works) also has database software, but it is limited in scope).

staffing said:
Microsoft Access is probably the best (and easiest) database software. You can query it, unlike Excel. Your basic microsoft software (Microsoft Works) also has database software, but it is limited in scope).

Could I cut and paste into Access? How easy is it to use Access? I might have to try that.

Most folks don't have Access though...Excell is better for those that don't have MS Office. I think Word is probably the easiest.
Cheers. TB.

Back