• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

My Hot Sauces

Hi guys I just wanted to show you something I made and what really made me want to grow some super hots. This are some of the sauces I have made. Nothing special but I have enjoyed them very much!

The tan color one is made with orange Habaneros. This thing will jerk a few tears out of somebody who isn't a hot pepper head.

The red one I really really like. The flavor is awesome. It's made with Fresno peppers.

208487_10151562582717625_126605907_n.jpg

Can you guys recommend any peppers that have a similar fruity flavor of the Fresnos?

Dan

Jamison, thanks for the reply and offer! That very generous! I can offer you some aji bravo from here (Pr) if you don't have any in exchange for whatever you are willing to share. I just received the other seeds I ordered the other day which includes some fataliis and aji limon for fruity ones. And some yellow buht jolokias and peter peppers. Man I look forward to getting this right I see people growing such healthy looking plants that it causes envy!

I honestly am not sure. I believe it is originally from Peru. But it is what everybody grows here for hot peppers. It is a small aji , looks like a miniature fresno. Makes one hot sauce! Some people call it caballero pepper. I will get more info locally.

I honestly am not sure. I believe it is originally from Peru. But it is what everybody grows here for hot peppers. It is a small aji , looks like a miniature fresno. Makes one hot sauce! Some people call it caballero pepper. I will get more info locally.

Awesome! I'll hit you up with a PM.

Coheed, thank you for your offer! For now I wanna grow the ones I have till I figure out how to grow so many varieties. But I won't refuse your offer he he he I'll send some Puerto Rico Jelly Bean pepper seeds as a thank you. I don't really have anything else right now to offer back. You can make a nice pique with them once they come out.

Oh! and for insurance this time I actually gave some seeds to my father in law to germinate for me. He grows a bunch of stuff on his backyard. He has different fruit trees and a lot of plants. Just nothing hot, he can't take the heat! Although I'm pretty sure this time I'll be successful by not over watering and beign more careful.

Back