• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics My lil patch of goodness (pics)

This year I only grew my scotch bonnets and jamaican hot chocolates as i didn't think my work would allow the time for anything bigger. These 2 types are a requirement in my life (you know like air) and I can't imagine cooking without them.
I got stuck with growing in containers because 80% of the yard is heavily shaded and where they are located needed to be elevated. I like to think I've gotten fairly good at this(potted) as I grow enough to last me throughout next season and give countless bags away to daring souls. Most ppl I know are jalapeños lovers and anything else is just crazy.hahaha

These were taken a few days back and the 1st ones to get picked and as of today there's about another 70-80 about ready.
nuff said.

My lil taste of goodness ...4 of each

peppers12a01.jpg

Scotch Bonnets
peppers12a02.jpg

Jamacian Hot Chocolates
peppers12a03.jpg

1st picks of the season ... used for testing new hot sauce mix ...currently aging.
peppers12a05.jpg

...and a close-up of my lil friends
peppers12a.jpg

Nice!

I have my first scotch bonnet plant that is about a month old, and can't wait to see how it yeilds, taste, burns, etc.

Only problem is it's growing amongst a couple other pepper varieties and none of them are labled... duhh :rolleyes:

Nice!

I have my first scotch bonnet plant that is about a month old, and can't wait to see how it yeilds, taste, burns, etc.

Only problem is it's growing amongst a couple other pepper varieties and none of them are labled... duhh :rolleyes:

You can't see it in the pics but each stake has something written on it with perm marker for ID'ing and a few are in test soils that that I have been working on with a local farmer/friend. The SB's have a bit of growth time(as do JHC's), so be patient and don't be like me and stare at them everyday telling them to hurry. :onfire: . The SB's heat run about the same as habs and hotter but I think these are a better flavor, even better when you smoke them(NO, not that kind of smokin'..lol)
Hope they turn out well for ya.

Back