• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My New Polytunnel

Decided to make a polytunnel after speaking to a few people. Its made from scaffold tubes and clips, 50m water pipe and timber. The frame is almost complete and will be getting the cover in the new year. Its 9ftx20ft and 7ft high.

Sorry about the quality of the image. It was very dark.

002.jpg

What is the best cover to get, white or clear?

Looks like something Iggy would see on a "trip."

But I like! Much sweeter than the 10x10 I need to build this spring.

Mike

Another house for Passow! Expect him to crash once you stock the fridge :lol:

I had a choice between white and clear when I put up my "greenhouse". I chose clear just because I wanted to be able to see inside. The clear cover I got has nylon thread every 5/16" as reinforcement to keep it from tearing/ripping. You can poke a hole in it but it won't tear...

As far as the "technical" aspects of white vs clear...I don't know....white reflects and clear passes thru....

Looking good
I use two layers of clear plastic on my polytunnel and have shade cloth for the really hot sunny days and for hardening plants off.

wordwiz said:
Looks like something Iggy would see on a "trip."
Nah, it'd be more clear, brighter colors, and shadow people abound. :lol:

thehotpepper.com said:
Another house for Passow! Expect him to crash once you stock the fridge :lol:
LOL. Not sure where he's based out of, but it does look inviting. :lol:

imaguitargod said:
LOL. Not sure where he's based out of, but it does look inviting. :lol:

You'd have to get your backside over to my country to sleep in there Iggy, I'd give you a room though, forget the polytunnel.

rainbowberry said:
You'd have to get your backside over to my country to sleep in there Iggy, I'd give you a room though, forget the polytunnel.
I'll take you up on that when I'm out your way (which will be eventually). Thanks.

imaguitargod said:
I'll take you up on that when I'm out your way (which will be eventually). Thanks.

No problem babe, just let us know when and I'll make sure the garage is clear, only joking.....only joking.

rainbowberry said:
No problem babe, just let us know when and I'll make sure the garage is clear, only joking.....only joking.

It probably won't be until next summer (2010). Hell, the way I'm planing things, I'll take a garage to sleep in. I thinking sleeping on trains, graveyards and the such.

imaguitargod said:
It probably won't be until next summer (2010). Hell, the way I'm planing things, I'll take a garage to sleep in. I thinking sleeping on trains, graveyards and the such.

I wouldn't sleep on a train, I've tried a train station but never a train. Graveyards are so interesting though, we've got really old gravestones down the road as the church was built around the 13th century. Me and my boy Connor used to go round there ghost hunting for a laugh.

rainbowberry said:
I wouldn't sleep on a train, I've tried a train station but never a train. Graveyards are so interesting though, we've got really old gravestones down the road as the church was built around the 13th century. Me and my boy Connor used to go round there ghost hunting for a laugh.

did you find any ?:lol:

Back