• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

My Other Passion...Orchids

I have a thing for epiphytes; always have had. I'm fortunate to be in a place where growing them is just plain easy...mostly. There are exceptions of course. I particularly love wild orchids; there is something primal about them. So, here's some pictures, some blooming some not.
The first 4 are commercial varieties;

LongBoy.jpg

PaleLavander.jpg

ADimeaDozen.jpg

HomeisaJumpy.jpg

Cont'd;
The next 4 are all wild varieties from the Thai/Burma border;

WildChild-1.jpg

WildChild.jpg

WildChild-2.jpg

WildChild-3.jpg

They have all bloomed here and are far more interesting than most of the commercial varieties and are far hardier. Cheers.

no, i was hoping you would have some LOL :)

After all, it is the world 2nd most expensive commodity.

I may have a contact that can get a plant or two. I had thought about growing vanilla a few years back, but never followed through on it. Hmm. :think:

i just got my 6 vanilla plants at RM10 per plant.

Going to have a go, any advice you would give a newbie orchid grower?

What variety? What are they growing in? Post some pictures; boy that was quick.

i dont really know what variety these are. It was a chance purchase, i was out buying lunch for my family and there's this farmer/gardener selling his plants by the parking lot, and i saw those creeping tell-tale signs of the vanilla plants. Ask them to confirm what plant is that, haggle out a bargain (6 vanilla plants + a bag of organic fertilizers = RM60) and both the me and the farmer was happy.

gqFwKsWZ.jpeg

bad image quality, took this in a hurry.

Hey, AjarnV
RM3.22 = USD1

So its about USD18 for 6 vanilla vines.

I should probably start a thread on my vanillas, sorry to hijack your thread Verne

Back