• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking My outdoors kitchen

Wow, very nice! If I ever own a house one day (damn you inflated house prices!), I'd love to do something like this.

Beautiful job man! Especially for the weekend warrior! You got my mind spinnin now. I wonder why they raise the whole slab? That thing would crack to shit I would think. Can't they lift the house alone up, maybe build some block walls underneath it so you'll have kind of a crawl space? $160k, you could build a badass brand new house for that!

Jamison said:
Beautiful job man! Especially for the weekend warrior! You got my mind spinnin now. I wonder why they raise the whole slab? That thing would crack to shit I would think. Can't they lift the house alone up, maybe build some block walls underneath it so you'll have kind of a crawl space? $160k, you could build a badass brand new house for that!
Thats what I said, lol

They have done a bunch of them in my neighborhood, they seem to know what they are doing. I am still waiting to hear back though. If I do not hear anything by late January, its getting finished up. I hate seeing it like this. 

Bloody awesome job there Tim. You should be right proud of yourself.

...... in regards to your ledges (bar top) it would well worth sampling your stains on some large pieces of offcut if you have some leftover, just to help you visualise what it will look like in the end..... im personally not a big fan of stains... i think you never get the desired effect that you previously imagine.... but thats just me...

You know mate people pay big bucks for that kinda rustic charm.... you may pull a few clients out of that

I have mixed emotions on stain. I am keeping the cedar natural, just doing a gloss over it, but the PT pine is going to look funky, so I have to do something.

I'd love to design and build another one, especially if I can make a few bucks, haha!

Tim Vader said:
Just wanted to show off my WiP. I am on hold because I am waiting to see if I am on the list to get my house elevated a few feet. Being in Louisiana, my insurance is higher than a giraffes butt, so anything I can do to save $$ is fine by me!

44071D0E-7261-4E4F-B3A9-3C74BDA5CEE9-394-00000072F4805E19_zps3cfc92b1.jpg
2C879024-AC90-406A-8852-6AEB0B306AE3-394-00000072FBA74A9B_zpsb93f1b41.jpg
EA987EDD-2247-42C8-A72E-FCD9CB1CB782-394-00000072FF85ACCC_zps7f343154.jpg

I did everything myself with some help from some friends, the only contractor I used was to tie in the electric and dropping a small box just to use for the outside. Hoping to finish everything before summer
Great set up !!!!!

Tim Vader said:
I have mixed emotions on stain. I am keeping the cedar natural, just doing a gloss over it, but the PT pine is going to look funky, so I have to do something.

I'd love to design and build another one, especially if I can make a few bucks, haha!
I love the look of raw wood.  If you can't get away with leaving it raw outside in an outdoor kitchen, you can't get away with doing it anywhere!

What are you using for the countertops? Have you sealed them at all?

Back