• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My plant looks sickly

Hey guys, my plant has been doing this for a few weeks now, its a Thai Red hot in case that matters about 2 feet tall, and the leaves tend to go semi limp and curl down. there is no Aphids and the plant is not root bound, i dont think its a watering or a nute issue since im pretty good with the timing, i was thinking heat? the rooms sits at 90 Farenheit..
i dunno maybe someone can help me diagnose it or if its even an issue.

temporary.jpg

I know when mine looked like this one it was always a little dehydrated and or too much sun. I nice little drink and they always perked up.

I have a couple plants doing it to me too this season and I'm just as baffled.

IMG_6507.jpg

If the leaves were very limp and loose, I would definitely say heat/sun also, but looking at your photos, the leaves look like they still have stiffness to them (as is in my case too). Am I correct?

I'm wondering if perhaps it's not some long term damage related to temp/climate/etc, but yeah, I really don't know. In any case, it sure does look like some kind of stress.

That being said, it doesn't seem to be affecting the performance of my plants--it's just more unsightly than anything else....

Hey guys, my plant has been doing this for a few weeks now, its a Thai Red hot in case that matters about 2 feet tall, and the leaves tend to go semi limp and curl down. there is no Aphids and the plant is not root bound, i dont think its a watering or a nute issue since im pretty good with the timing, i was thinking heat? the rooms sits at 90 Farenheit..
i dunno maybe someone can help me diagnose it or if its even an issue.

temporary.jpg

It's plant wilt do to high temp and humidity, notice your lower leaves that are in the shade, they're starting to respond.
I'd keep your plant out of direct sunlight or at least give it moderate lighting and see what happens...

Greg

I don't know how it is in synobyte's case, but mine is more of a curl than a wilt--the leaves still have a stiffness to them akin to that of a normal leaf. That being said, I don't doubt that it may be climate related but I have tried the usual tricks--a good water, put the plants in a cool shady spot for a few days, etc--none of which has helped.

Whatever the "damage" is on mine, it seems to be permanent. :(

Back