• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

my road trip take

well I did a road trip down to south padre island tx (then flew back after the vacation) I bought some hot sauces on the way down & while there, here they are.

100_7605.jpg

some chips I bought while down there, only tried the 2 on the right so far. things are being traveled back with others cuz I didnt want to pay for S/H or baggage costs from the airline.
the doritos flamas are a great flavor & have some heat that a chilehead would consider worthy to eat, though not extreme heat but alot hotter than any of theirs or some other mainstream brands. I've tried the takis brand before but not the nitro flavor yet.

100_7568.jpg

I was messing around on the computer & found these, it'd be nice if more stores sold the xxx hot version or any other styles/flavors.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/guzzleandnosh/5197145118/in/photostream

did some bay fishing, 6 of us (of 13). we caught these, mostly were whiting's with some sea trouts (?) & 1 croaker (?) though we aslo caught several little crabs(threw them back) & ? I called'em bullheads but thats not their name.
we breaded fried half of them one night & the rest was baked in marination sauces, no pics of the food so use your imagination.

100_7492.jpg

100_7478.jpg

this is what we had to wake up to

100_7535.jpg

last but not least, I couldnt go to texas & not get some longhorns so I bought these at the san antonio market place for $80....didnt measure them but I'd say they're 6 ft - 6 1/2 ft wide, cuz I'm 5'6" & they're about 1' taller.

100_7624.jpg

Nice haul of hot sauces there Chilehunter.

And the scenery wasn't too bad either.;)

Looks like you had a great trip.

dvg

We haven't seen warmth or sun here in Dallas for at least 5 days, so it's nice to see some pics that show both!
Susan

I've got one of them salvation sauces in my fridge at the moment. I haven't decided weather I like it or not yet.
I got the serrano and garlic sauce, the small spout annoys me to no end though.

Back