• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

my sick peach bhut... help!?!?

A few days ago this plant was looking fine. Actually there's like 2 or 3 others that hadn't the same thing going on. It could be that they just needed a drink but all the other plants have vibrant crisp leaves. This one is super droopy and lost a leave. Us it going to be ok out should i just pitch it. Got 70+ plants and one wouldn't hurt
if i lose it. I really don't want to tho. Thanks guys

CAM00261_zps7890b328.jpg

CAM00262_zps1c9839f6.jpg

CAM00264_zps5d549812.jpg

I just watered it. It was bone dry even i stuck my finger in the dirt. They hadn't had any water since last week and i have a fan on them 24/7

All the others look great. So idk

I would say its definitely stressed now! It will come back but you may lose a few older leaves.

When you water pick up the pot afterwards to get an idea of the weight, so you get an idea of when it needs a drink.

I would say its definitely stressed now! It will come back but you may lose a few older leaves.

Thanks pep you made me feel a little better about it. Just don't wasn't to lost it. Lol... There like my kids. My gf said i care more about them than her.

Thanks pep you made me feel a little better about it. Just don't wasn't to lost it. Lol... There like my kids. My gf said i care more about them than her.
No prob.
Just make sure when the GF walks in when you are admiring your plants, you stand up, look her in the eye and say
" I Love you Babe" works every time!

No prob.
Just make sure when the GF walks in when you are admiring your plants, you stand up, look her in the eye and say
" I Love you Babe" works every time!

Hahaha! She's a sucker for that but I'm tellin ya she meant it. Lol! I'll just wait till they throw pods and make her a romantic dinner with them. Lmao... She can't eat spicy food. She's a wuss

I agree with the first two posters. That soil looks way too wet. Over watering will also make plants droop and loose leaves. An how are you watering? As from the top it would look that wet, but leave the bottom still soggy. (to many factors can be the problem: heat,soil,watering,ferts,lights etc...) The first pic looks like a water drop burnt the left leaf, as there's a hole in it. An by the looks of the center top leaves. It's either over fert or water. An from my short experience. It would be over ferting a hair. That makes new growth lighter. An no offense, but why you gonna post some where like here? An not take some one like Prehensile or Millworks advice? They been here with more experience than us. We're all learning. That's why a site like this exists. Good luck.

Pull it out and have a look at the roots if ur gentle it won't hurt it

I'm guessing u had just watered when u took the pic, if they r in good soil u shouldn't need to fert for a while , it's like trying to give a baby a steak yeah it's food but chhooookkkeee lol

And as for the gf advice the best ull get :)

Man that plant has seen better days for sure. Are you fertilizing it? If yes stop. How about light? What type and how far from the plant? You might want to repot it and give the roots a good look. White is good, brown is bad. I would repot it myself. Water when necessary, you can learn when by feel like PepTalk mentioned.

I agree with the first two posters. That soil looks way too wet. Over watering will also make plants droop and loose leaves. An how are you watering? As from the top it would look that wet, but leave the bottom still soggy. (to many factors can be the problem: heat,soil,watering,ferts,lights etc...) The first pic looks like a water drop burnt the left leaf, as there's a hole in it. An by the looks of the center top leaves. It's either over fert or water. An from my short experience. It would be over ferting a hair. That makes new growth lighter. An no offense, but why you gonna post some where like here? An not take some one like Prehensile or Millworks advice? They been here with more experience than us. We're all learning. That's why a site like this exists. Good luck.

Boost I'm curious about the highlighted remark. Where else would you suggest he post this? Where do you see him not listening to Prehensile or the Millman?

Meant on a public pepper growing forum like here. Looking for advice. Then just seeming like what some of the longer more experienced members mentioned couldn't be the prooblem. May not be that way. That's just how I read it. I've learnt first hand you can go and do way to much when trying to resolve an issue with young plants. When all they really may need is a some fresh soil and less attention given.

I think it got too thirsty. If that's the case, you should see improvements right away. Is it looking better today?

I think it got too thirsty. If that's the case, you should see improvements right away. Is it looking better today?

Not sure yet. I haven't been home to check on it yet. Just leaving work now and have a few stops Before there. Hope she's looking better and off not i'm gonna go ahead and repot it and see if that helps.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! I hadn't watered them in a little over a week. The others didn't seem to mind being dry but this one was pretty pissed about it apparently. She looks way better today.

CAM00272_zps27e2a5eb.jpg

Thanks for the help guys! I was prolly just a little too worried when i shouldn't have been

LOL The soil was soaked and the plant was wilted, young plants can dry out really fast your lucky you didn't kill it. Here in Florida if you water more than twice a week during the wet season it could kill your plants, and now I have to water every other day for the remainder of our dry season. I would recommend a saucer with 1 inch of water in the bottom till the plants show a need for water, then give em another inch, let em soak it up add more till its an inch. better safe than sorry...GL

Looking good now.
By the looks of that plant it looks like initially it was a healthy Pep. Dry soil will do it every time.
The pots you have there have holes in the bottom, so I am pretty sure no water is standing in that soil.
The remaining plants are prob at the point where you need to repot or damn close before they get root bound.

Yeah they were all bone dry. That's my fault but like i said it didn't seem to bother the others that i could tell. Although when i pulled the trays out today they all looked like they had grew significantly. They were prolly all droopy but not as bad as this one and all perked back up. They are on a pvc shelf wrapped in a Mylar blanket with a fan blowing 24/7 so i can see how they were bone dry after a week and a half

CAM00213_zps9133b6e0.jpg

Yea that was definitely just too dry or under the lights too long. When people wait for a plant to wilt before watering they dont wait that long ;) But it didn't hurt it any. Try not to let is go too too dry then over water because that will slow it down.

Back