• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics My TOP TIIPS I learnt from my first grow season (pics included)

Thanks a bunch for posting the info. I will take all of the suggestions/tips I can get. Your photos are wonderful! Best of luck through the rest of the season. I look forward to more photos... so keep them coming. :P
Thanks westin :) This site is great for info, I have used plenty of suggestions provided by others here. My season is just about over, winter in 6 days and its cold wet and miserable outside now.
Ill post a few more now :)
Thanks for the info Mitch! Can i ask what potting mix you are using?
No problems mate. I used debco potmate. ;)
Excellent job Mitch and everyone loves pictures keep "em" coming. Beautiful, healthy plants!!!
Heres a few more for ya ;)
scotch bonnet
P1000540.jpg

peter pepper flower
P1000546.jpg

jalapeno
P1000499.jpg

aji flower
P1000529.jpg

bishops crown
P1000500.jpg

inside scotch bonnet mmmmm :)
P1000481.jpg

black pearl flower
P1000345.jpg

cheers

Mitch

my chillies today, a few days before winter. Leaves are copping it from the cold. Still chillies ripening however.

rocoto
P1000803.jpg

africans birdsye (loaded beast)
P1000802.jpg

ripening butch t (small one)
P1000801.jpg

the fatali that i cut back mid season
P1000799.jpg

its loaded with pods
P1000800.jpg

aji amarillo, probs 30 left on the plant, must have got 250+ from the last 6 months (still throwing out pods, biggest producer of the year, amazing!)
P1000798.jpg

red scotch bonnet (smallest plant, but keeps producing, love it!)
P1000796.jpg

bishops crown (lots on this plant, almost 6 feet tall)
P1000794.jpg

cheeers

mitch

Mitch,
Thank you for your most informative tips. Your photos are amazing,
thank you for sharing.

We use large quantities of pine needles on our home landscaping,
and have over decades of gardening.
In our opinion pine needles make fine mulch but unfortunately do not deter slugs.
Although better than pine bark nuggets, slugs love to hide under nuggets.
Best wishes from the Tar Heel State!

Mitch,
Thank you for your most informative tips. Your photos are amazing,
thank you for sharing.

We use large quantities of pine needles on our home landscaping,
and have over decades of gardening.
In our opinion pine needles make fine mulch but unfortunately do not deter slugs.
Although better than pine bark nuggets, slugs love to hide under nuggets.
Best wishes from the Tar Heel State!

Hi SP,

No problems :) thankyou for the kind words.

Thanks very much for the info on pine needles. I think I will use them and go slug hunting at night. Plus I might wait till the plants are a decent size before planting out this time round.

Cheers :)

Mitch

wow man.
some great pics.
and thanks for the tips.
i got to come up with a plan to get some peppers to grow. I am getting the flowers on one i over wintered. but still nothing in the way of pods forming.

Thanks for sharing some great information and pictures. It looks like you've had some great success recently.

Thanks very much irish :)

wow man.
some great pics.
and thanks for the tips.
i got to come up with a plan to get some peppers to grow. I am getting the flowers on one i over wintered. but still nothing in the way of pods forming.

Thanks mate, you are welcome. I hope the pods start coming in for you. I had a douglah that busted out tonnes of flowers, but couldnt get one pod to set for the season. I am overwintering it at the moment. Good luck! Cheers

thanks for all the info i just bought miracle grow organic potting soil is that good enough or do i mix that with something?

Thanks for some great tips, and I love all of the photos. I am always looking forward toward the next season and deciding what peppers to try out, and this is making me lean toward the 7 pods.

thanks for all the info i just bought miracle grow organic potting soil is that good enough or do i mix that with something?
No problems :) I am not familiar with miracle grow, sorry. But I dont think it would have perlite in it. It will probably have some slow release fertilisers, but I would put some perlite for drainage. Chillies love good drainage :)
Thanks for some great tips, and I love all of the photos. I am always looking forward toward the next season and deciding what peppers to try out, and this is making me lean toward the 7 pods.
Thanks Stefan :) The Yellow 7 is easily my favourite plant, was the first time I have grown it and I got a bunch of hot delicious pods :) I am also trying some 7 pot browns this season (apparently they are brutally hot with a differnt flavour), if they hurry up and germinate ;)

Back