• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

my white habalokia's are yellow

hello all

i decided to leave my white Habalokia on as long as i could to see if they would turn white but they ended up light yellow almost white also this is the same for the unknown large white hab im growing
i just wanted all who bought the Habs to know they will not be white but light yellow
i have pics of a few of the Habalokia pods
i dont get it, the parent pods where as white as snow
if anyone gets white pods on either of these please let me know

thanks your friend Joe

hello all

i decided to leave my white Habalokia on as long as i could to see if they would turn white but they ended up light yellow almost white also this is the same for the unknown large white hab im growing
i just wanted all who bought the Habs to know they will not be white but light yellow

thanks your friend Joe

Were are the pics? I would like to see this new creation!

Here's AjiJoe's picture he asked me to post:

YELLOWHABALOKIAPIC22011.jpg

sorry its not the best i have a pic of the pods on my camera that i have not yet downloaded onto my computer yet

thanks again Chris

your friend Joe

Well they're never REALLY white, but suppose to be really close.

My white habs:
5969602315_1d6cec23c4.jpg

PS
After looking at my white chile plants I noticed a HUGE difference between those in the shade and those in the open sun. I suppose the wavelengths they're exposed to affect the color. they get amazingly white in the shade.

Well they're never REALLY white, but suppose to be really close.

My white habs:
5969602315_1d6cec23c4.jpg

PS
After looking at my white chile plants I noticed a HUGE difference between those in the shade and those in the open sun. I suppose the wavelengths they're exposed to affect the color. they get amazingly white in the shade.

Natural sunlight at 12 p.m. (=) around 5600k lower color temperature later in the day, warm tones

Shade or shadow can (=) around 6000k or higher, much cooler color temperature, blue tones

My monitor is color corrected and your white habs, as pictured appears right on scale white!

they may be anemic (J/K)
Maybe... who knows... :lol:

Natural sunlight at 12 p.m. (=) around 5600k lower color temperature later in the day, warm tones

Shade or shadow can (=) around 6000k or higher, much cooler color temperature, blue tones

My monitor is color corrected and your white habs, as pictured appears right on scale white!
The color of the sun here is somewhat different. during this season is extremely yellow.

Anyhow, here's a pic of various pods in different stages. they start creamy yellow and go to white. all came from the same plant.

whitehabs.jpg

hello all

thanks your friend Joe

climate conditions, temperature, soil conditions all play a factor in the color of the pods. for a short while I had jolokia having a little bit of purple hue when thier were starting out.

Maybe... who knows... :lol:

The color of the sun here is somewhat different. during this season is extremely yellow.

Anyhow, here's a pic of various pods in different stages. they start creamy yellow and go to white. all came from the same plant.

whitehabs.jpg

the white ones looks like eggs.

Back