wine My Wine!

Been home brewing for a year now, the worst part is waiting, but finally bottled some homegrown pumpkin and ginger and spiced orange mead! the amazing part is it tastes good too!!
Wine.jpg

Mead was the first thing (according to my Mum) that I ever got tipsy on. I was only 3 years old and stole peoples drinks when they weren't looking. She said I wouldn't stop saying 'Hello' to everyone as if I'd never met them before.

rainbowberry said:
Mead was the first thing (according to my Mum) that I ever got tipsy on. I was only 3 years old and stole peoples drinks when they weren't looking. She said I wouldn't stop saying 'Hello' to everyone as if I'd never met them before.

:lol: My first experience was when I was 11 & had a toothache over a holiday w/end. My dad was forced to feed me Napoleon Brandy for 3 days...for medicinal purposes of course :whistle:

rainbowberry said:
LOL, I've heard you're meant to gargle with the Brandy/whiskey for toothache not swallow it, but God what a waste.

My mom used to rub blackberry brandy on my gums when i was teething, so i now know where my drinking habit came from. Oh, and this also did not help:
d381.jpg

Sickmont said:
My mom used to rub blackberry brandy on my gums when i was teething, so i now know where my drinking habit came from. Oh, and this also did not help:
d381.jpg
I like you. :)

Omri said:
I like you. :)

Thanks. I like you as well. I still have my old man's half-yard glass as well. Actually used it a few nights ago(it's a bitch to wash out, so i don't drink with it too often anymore)

thought id wondered into an alcoholics anonymous thread hehe was never lucky enough to be offered a half yard:(...did have toothache when i was in scotland last year and tried the single malt remedy erm well it makes you forget the pain..till the next mornin...back to the thread,that ginger wine sounds :drooling:

i think this year might try a little wine making got elderberrys and rasberrys in the garden ooo laters going down to get me a bottle of fruit wine for later:party::cheers:

Back