• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mysterious Jungle Pepper

Welcome to the forum. It's nice to finally have someone from India on the forum! :) I hope you enjoy it here.

Chris

wolves said:
hi m from the far north east of india ... . everybody must have heard about Bhut Jolokia Peppers ..well its really called raja morcha in our tounge. all that you are getting in the market is not that hot. the one we grow in our state is much hotter.if you wana know more.jud goto www.kuknalim.com. here in our state we eat tis raja morcha in our everyday life. by the way.. hi to you all

wolves said:
hi m from the far north east of india ... . everybody must have heard about Bhut Jolokia Peppers ..well its really called raja morcha in our tounge. all that you are getting in the market is not that hot. the one we grow in our state is much hotter.if you wana know more.jud goto www.kuknalim.com. here in our state we eat tis raja morcha in our everyday life. by the way.. hi to you all

as my learned friend said before its nice to have some one from such a lovely area as the north east of india..welcome to the forum :)

That's cool talas, but since Andres said it is produces hab like pods and heat why not

Andres Guatemalan Habanero

AlabamaJack said:
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas, USA...I am very glad you are here...it's about time we had someone from India...are you from the Assam Province?

I am growing the Bhut Jolokia, Naga Morich, Dorset Naga, and Bih Jolokia this year.

This will be interesting to get a first hand point of view of these superhots...

yeah! i'm thinkin that too!

welcome, tell us something more, please

wolves said:

Hi Wolves (your nickname is the opposite than mine ;))
I'm really interested to the story of Naga (or as we want to call them).
I've been in contact with Frontal Agritech since summer 2006 and "raja morcha" (or mircha, that is "King's pepper" or "King of peppers") was one of the name by which those superhot peppers were referred to from Leena Saikia.

It would be interesting if you can tell us more about this variety and if possibile publish some photoes of the "original ones" ... it's hard to believe that may be something even hotter than the various superhot we grew and ate in 2007 and this year too :cool:
Maybe you could also provide some seeds for next growing season ? I can offer you a wide choice of interesting seeds in exchange

Thanks
Bye

If they get any hotter, they'll melt the paint off my car. :)

Chris

LoneWolf said:
Hi Wolves (your nickname is the opposite than mine ;))
I'm really interested to the story of Naga (or as we want to call them).
I've been in contact with Frontal Agritech since summer 2006 and "raja morcha" (or mircha, that is "King's pepper" or "King of peppers") was one of the name by which those superhot peppers were referred to from Leena Saikia.

It would be interesting if you can tell us more about this variety and if possibile publish some photoes of the "original ones" ... it's hard to believe that may be something even hotter than the various superhot we grew and ate in 2007 and this year too :cool:
Maybe you could also provide some seeds for next growing season ? I can offer you a wide choice of interesting seeds in exchange

Thanks
Bye

Well, I managed to get my hands on some more of these jungle peppers. The locals call them Peteneros or Habanero Petenero, shockingly because they are raised in the Peten area of the country. This area might as well be another country because it is very hard to get there. You have to fly or strap yourself in for a 12 hour ride and some of them roads are not particularly fit for donkeys, let alone cars. Well anyways a friend there send me some pods, but they were green and my wife froze them for me till I returned from a business trip. Most pods have a little horn, but they are not that hot.

22072008214.jpg

They look great, makes me even more happy to have some seeds!!! :)

Can't wait to grow some. Thanks for the pic and all your efforts!

Thanks to Andres and AJ. I have the seeds as well. Cannot wait to grow them. Is anyone already starting to grow them this season?

andres said:
Well, I managed to get my hands on some more of these jungle peppers. The locals call them Peteneros or Habanero Petenero, shockingly because they are raised in the Peten area of the country. This area might as well be another country because it is very hard to get there. You have to fly or strap yourself in for a 12 hour ride and some of them roads are not particularly fit for donkeys, let alone cars. Well anyways a friend there send me some pods, but they were green and my wife froze them for me till I returned from a business trip. Most pods have a little horn, but they are not that hot.

22072008214.jpg

looking good those pics andres looking forward to growing those :)

I did too...hasn't guatemala been torn by warring factions over the past 2 or 3 years?

I never planted any of the seeds....

Back