• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

chinense Naga Jolokia Bhut Jolokia

from what I gather, the Bhut Jalokia, Naga Jalokia, and Naga Morich are all the same chili, with just different names.

maybe strains??? I dunno...

Bhut Jolokia are more elongated, and bumpier skinned, and triple lobed with the sides slightly caved in. Naga Morich are still bumpy, but have a more bulbous shape overall near the stem, are more squat, and tend not to be quite as hot by just a pinch. Dorset Naga are just a specially cultivated version of Naga Morich grown in Dorset, England, and are just a shade less hot than the other two. I'm not sure about Naga Jolokia, I always assumed that it was a combo name for Nagas/Bhuts in general, but I could be mistaken, as I am a relative Noob myself.

IMO Naga Jolokia is a name that is used by the nonchilenead or is used for advertising purposes to a nonchilehead audience when in all actuality, they are either Bhut Jolokia, Bih Jolokia, Naga Morich, or Dorset Naga....and I think the Dorset Naga is just a Naga Morich that was grown out in Dorset England....that's my opinion...

IMO Naga Jolokia is a name that is used by the nonchilenead or is used for advertising purposes to a nonchilehead audience when in all actuality, they are either Bhut Jolokia, Bih Jolokia, Naga Morich, or Dorset Naga....and I think the Dorset Naga is just a Naga Morich that was grown out in Dorset England....that's my opinion...

+1

AJ is right on the mark!!
I grew them all last season…500 plants that cranked out the pods.

Back