• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense naga jolokia questions

I bought some naga jolokia seeds on ebay and I plant to put them in those deco pots and those roller things and taking them in the winter will it work and how should I go about doings this.

You bought naga jolokia? I hope that's what you wanted and not Naga morich because they are not even close to the same.

POTAWIE said:
You bought naga jolokia? I hope that's what you wanted and not Naga morich because they are not even close to the same.

could you elaborate
I have N morich sprouting right now and I would like to grow N. jolokia
which one is stronger and how about taste???

If there is any jolokia seed or plant I would recommend it would be Bhut Jolokia and for naga Naga Morrich. Keep it chinese.

Bhut Jolokia and Naga Morich are the extreme peppers that have just burst onto the pepper world. They're both C chinense. Naga Jolokia is not as hot, and is a different species, C frutescens. Some people have bought the Naga Jolokia thinking it was the Bhut Jolokia or the Naga Morich.

Confuzzling enough?

Is the Naga Jolokia the same as the Indian PC1?

Isn't the Naga Jolokia a chinense and the PC-1 either a Annuum (especially in the US) or frutescen that probably isn't as hot? I think they are the only differences.

Here's a Naga Jolokia(pc-1, tezpur)

2225907466ee44847162mb1.jpg

I didn't really like the taste and it wasn't that hot. Many people have been mislead into buying these by the name, and sellers take full advantage of this.

rainbowberry said:
Isn't the Naga Jolokia a chinense and the PC-1 either a Annuum (especially in the US) or frutescen that probably isn't as hot? I think they are the only differences.
Once upon a time, people believed that the legendary and magical Naga Jolokia (Bhut Jolokia/Naga Morich) is the not so impressive PC-1. so now Naga Jolokia means PC-1 - NOT a chinense. :)
cheezydemon said:
What are those in your avatar andy999?
Peter pepper.

cheezydemon said:
What are those in your avatar andy999?

if you want seeds there was someone giving them away in the marketplace. we toyed with the idea of a contest, but we didn't really make it official. i'm sure we can just see who, erm, 'measures up' at the end of the season...

GrumpyBear said:
if you want seeds there was someone giving them away in the marketplace. we toyed with the idea of a contest, but we didn't really make it official. i'm sure we can just see who, erm, 'measures up' at the end of the season...

Well this is a funny idea who's is bigger, I mean pepper, I'm in,
I have 5 red peter peppers,hopefully they Will give me some sizable crop
LOL

The Bhut Jolokia is the current world record holder (according to Guiness) for the hottest pepper in the world tipping the scoville scale at a little over 1 million...

Back