• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Naga Virgin No More!

Well, Aji Chombo, I feel that you have done somthing wonderful. You have enlightened yourself and others to some new and wonderful peppers. I would say that to join the club, you will have to eat an entire Naga, but you are well on your way. I honestly do not subtract points for you not swallowing it since you said you did chew it for thirty seconds. A sliver? How do you chew a sliver for thirty seconds? I would think five and then swallow. Probably would have been easier for you. Anyway, well done.

Bummer your friend wouldn't let you post the video, maybe some day he'll get a better sense of humor.

As far as joining any club you gave it a heck of a shot. The farthest I've gotten is a Red Savina.

Well, I've got another 10-12 pods in the plant still, so definitely going to give it another shot.;)

How are your 'Mystery Nagas' doing, Patrick? Have the pods grown more and become pendant?

'J' was actually really upbeat the following day, save for the not wanting the video to go online (I think he feels bad enough everyone at the office has seen the video already).

Got a BBQ at a friends house next weekend. He's a fan of volcanically spicy food. I'll be taking some various pods with me for that one. :)

Aji Chombo said:
(I think he feels bad enough everyone at the office has seen the video already).

Well if they've seen it why can't we? The odds of him meeting any of the nerd... members of THP are slim to none, although I personally want to visit Liverpool some time in the future. (Beatlefan, not football.)

My "mystery" Nagas are beginning to look like Nagas I guess. I've got a couple starting to ripen and the larger ones are now hanging low. It is strange though to see a couple hanging and right next to them are five or six babies pointing straight up. Still, looking forward to them.

Hm... I have had my teeth drilled without Novacaine, and experienced natural childbirth twice, my digestive system seems to work better when I eat 'hot' food (Chinese and Vietnamese my faves).

My tolerance for pain is probably high. I have never considered participating in the testosterone-driven contests of people daring other people to eat things, I dont like what passes for Thai food in my area- its too hot, in my opinion. I rarely try things like raw peppers "straight"...

...................................but you've made me curious!

MrArboc said:
The odds of him meeting any of the nerd... members of THP are slim to none

These are mostly librarians, so I think we have the 'nerd' angle covered on this end.:P

Celeste said:
Hm... I have had my teeth drilled without Novacaine, and experienced natural childbirth twice, my digestive system seems to work better when I eat 'hot' food (Chinese and Vietnamese my faves).

My tolerance for pain is probably high. I have never considered participating in the testosterone-driven contests of people daring other people to eat things, I dont like what passes for Thai food in my area- its too hot, in my opinion. I rarely try things like raw peppers "straight"...

...................................but you've made me curious!

I think women are just generally more sensible (low testosterone levels mean you don't particularly find testosterone contests interesting) than men. Having just finished writing the previous sentence: are there 'estrogen-driven' contests among women?:?:

My other half just looks at the Naga pods in the fridge (her brother has asked me for one), and looks at me simply sighing 'You silly people. What are you thinking?'

My other half use to always yell at me and my friends and ask why we do this to ourselves. Now she sits in corner and giggles as i coerce new victim into testing their mettle.

Aji Chombo said:
(low testosterone levels mean you don't particularly find testosterone contests interesting) than men. Having just finished writing the previous sentence: are there 'estrogen-driven' contests among women?:?:

Yes. Estrogen contests consist of trying to look "hotter" than all the other women in the group. I am a cashier, occassionally, at my day job- and ome night a young woman came dashing up to my regester with a pair of skinny slacks, a pair of heels, two blouses, and two sets of accessories.

"Emergency?" I asked -"yes!" she responded- "I'm going out with a group of girls, tonight! If it was a guy, I'd be okay...but you know how girls are."

"Right! if it was a date- a sweater and a pair of jeans and you'd be fine! But tonight you have to impress."

She needed two sets of tops and accessories to decide while she was getting dressed which ones to wear. No doubt, the next day she came in a returned the ones she voted against- probably with the advice of her roommate.

There are other estrogen contests-they vary with the age group and social level, but that one pretty much sticks.

Aji Chombo said:
I think women are just generally more sensible
-----nah, just more subtle.

Back