• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

naganumbness vs the 7pod brown

yes silver surfer. you must grow these! i'm drying seeds from the 2nd pod now. let me see how many there are. i might be able to send a few your way.it's so damn hot! thanks for watching! yes alpheon this was sooooo horrible. i wanted to stop the video at the 3 and a half minute mark. but it took everything i had to get to almost 8 minutes. then it burned for an other 20 minutes!

correction I meant to say Brown 7 Pod I know they are different been over that before, I know there's a difference. :beer:
hey cappy i found the Douglah was hotter, Ed said not ... but i never sent him any of my Douglahs for me the douglah was hotter. this doesnt mean that the brown 7pods was fun to mess with no way . i will never be able to eat whole pod. what might be cuzing the brown 7pod to feel hotter is the pid size is way bigger than the douglah and the skin thicker douglah have higher concentration of the capiscum oil on the inside walls. but smallers so it could be the reason why Ed found out that its hotter than douglah. thats if what he had was true douglah not chocolate ,brown. hab . or caribbean or some C.Chinses. seeds sourse is a major reason for variety identification. add to all that the growing condetions

the douglahs were really bad but this burned so much longer and the throat was terrible pain! i had a douglah from jacob and 2 from silver surfer they were all extremely hot but it was not like this. my douglha vid is still on here and i wasn't reduced to tears like this! it was a big spikey doulglah but the 7pod brown was 3 times bigger!i could barely eat that thing! it's the first pod that nearly made me barf because it was hot before i swallowed. also the douglah didn't burn my lips off like this one did. i've got seeds for cappys douglah and i now have seeds for this. i will compare them again next season. i'm already scared!

Hahahahaha way to go man. That thing is straight evil. Never had the Brown 7. The douglah sucked ass, lol. In the way that it kicked my butt hardcore, but either way. Mad props to you on your battle.

thanks yooper. i didn't think a pepper could be that bad! i've been hitting the ice cream pretty hard this evening! hope i'm not howling in the morning!

That pepper was the hottest you have tested so far Ed, and yet Judy said she thought the Douglah was the hottest she had come across.

It could be that the brown 7 you tested was either an extreme rogue hot pepper or from a stressed plant.

I recall that when Skyjerk stressed his naga morich plant that the resulting peppers were an order of magnitude hotter than the previous peppers were, from only two weeks earlier, according to him.

Sometimes peppers from the same plant can vary in heat from bearable to almost intolerable. I ate a habanero tonight that was almost too much for me. It came from the same batch in the store, but every once in a while I'll run into an outlier from the extreme end of the Scoville Scale that I'll call a "rogue pepper".

So if that is the case, one can only wonder how hot a stressed or 'rogue' TS Butch T, Jonah7 or Douglah might end up being. Makes me shudder to even think about that.

Anyway, from the video, you appeared to be in a world of hurt, but showed a lot of grit working through that pain and getting through the clip.

Kudos to you for the extra effort shown!

dvg

thanks for watching DVG. you could be right about stress. judy says these take all season to produce. i know i was stressed after eating it! thanks for watching pappy! i'm glad to hear someone elses take on this pepper since it seems to be rare. the stomach thing sucked. it went away and came back like 3 times. now i'll grow it and get others to eat it! that will be more enjoyable! i wouldn't reccomend a whole one to anybody! ever!

hey frank how about i send you a box its very late season now only few varieties left . but i will send you a variety no one tried yet its XXLarge Yellow 7POD . and Lrge Yellow 7 pod. Bhut Jolokia, Red and Chocolate. and indian carbon .PM me your address and i will ship you the box tomorow
Sending the PM now! Gotta have the XXLarge Yellow :-)

naga - as always i love watching you take on the hottest of the hot. well done - don't think i'll be eating an entire brown 7 pot anytime soon (probably never). nice job.

Back