• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

nascar on NBC sucks

Cap said:
Hear, Hear! I personally can't stand NASCAR nowadays, but i do appreciate the good 'ole days indeed(and the big block days).

I think my aversion grew the most when i lived in Wilson, NC for 3 or so years....drove me nuts....every clown for miles had a "Calvin pissing on a number" sticker on their vehicle

sevver said:
I hear ya, but that is my problem, I cannot sit on a couch for too long, I like the first two laps at the track, and after that, I honestly could care less. I just like the raw power of all of the cars coming around together at 200 mph. I did the ride along and that was cool too. Nothing really holds my attention for long, which is why technology is just the thing for me. Jet cars and Top Fuels also hold that fascination with me, anything that can shake the world and explode down the track is just awesome, but once the regular cars come around, meh. I also don't do well with sports either though, so it is not a car thing. I am just your all around average different sort of a person. :)

did you see tony run 4.40s all night, and smash doug kalita? i loved it.

especially since they put so much clutch into hilarys car that she just smoked it off the line, and she hadnt dont that all weekend. those guys are pricks. :lol:

dougy got up there and must have though he was against her again, but wrong the army car isnt tuned by another family member.

i'm not a fan of nascar myself. i know they have tracks that aren't ovals..but most of it is oval racing and i just can't get into it. good ol' road courses are where its at! i also know the cars are nothing like the cars they are representing..but who wants to watch a malibu race a monte carlo or taurus?? ;)

its all about the ALMS (and the non american le mans races)...nothing like watching a ferrari racing corvettes, aston martins, and all being passed by porsche, audi prototypes. if anyone ever attends the 12 hours of sebring in march, let me know. my roommate and i have been every year for the last 4 or 5 years and won't be missing this next one unless there is some huge disaster hah.

xgrafcorex said:
i'm not a fan of nascar myself. i know they have tracks that aren't ovals..but most of it is oval racing and i just can't get into it. good ol' road courses are where its at! i also know the cars are nothing like the cars they are representing..but who wants to watch a malibu race a monte carlo or taurus?? ;)

its all about the ALMS (and the non american le mans races)...nothing like watching a ferrari racing corvettes, aston martins, and all being passed by porsche, audi prototypes. if anyone ever attends the 12 hours of sebring in march, let me know. my roommate and i have been every year for the last 4 or 5 years and won't be missing this next one unless there is some huge disaster hah.

I might make it there this year(FINALLY!)

cool...well let me know when it gets down to crunch time...still a few months off unfortunately. each time our camp site has gotten slightly more developed...last year we had a real tent and a small kettle grill. we used to sleep in my car haha....not very fun..but drinking a bunch helps with getting to sleep. i made some of that hillshire farms jalapeno sausage ..put it on a hoagie roll with some melted jalapeno cheese and some spicy bbq sauce...mmmmmm i might have to make that tonight!

Back