• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

nascar on NBC sucks

anyone watch nascar? if so, are you watching this mockery that is atlanta? we are supposed to just GUESS what happens to bring out a caution, because BP, WD, AB, and all their other stupid fucking abbreviated names dont know shit about shit. then when they FINALLY find a replay of why someone destroyed the back end of jeff gordons car, we see it happen from 3/4 mile away. nascar sucks shit when it goes to NBC, its almost not even worth watching.

still very pissed off.. but feel somewhat better after my rant.

Go out and start your own nascar against cars that don't even know they're involved. The excitement of it being severe risk to your life and the chance of getting caught. You'll also get a great view of the action!

I grew up on watching nascar, but quit watching it two yrs ago. Been without cable for over a year, and don't miss either one at all! I do miss the old days of winged Dodges and 427 ford's.

I hear ya, Ross! While Fox's graphics can get annoying at times, at least we always knew what was going on! I've been watching nascar for years, back when they were on ABC, and my favorite drivers were A.J. Foyt and Richard Petty!

GreenHot said:
Go out and start your own nascar against cars than don't even know they're involved. The excitement of it being severe risk to your life and the chance of getting caught. You'll also get a great view of the action!

what are you even talking about? i am talking about the coverage that NBC gives, not actually going out there and racing myself.

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']I grew up on watching nascar, but quit watching it two yrs ago. Been without cable for over a year, and don't miss either one at all! I do miss the old days of winged Dodges and 427 ford's.[/QUOTE]

you can pick up NBC and FOX without cable. :cool:

Hillbilly Chili said:
Hey Ross, I'm takin it that you are a Gordon fan?
This will be my last year of watching Nascar:-(

more of a 48 fan, but yeah i like gordon too. i like all the hendrick drivers except that reject vickers. its cool, hes getting replaced by mears.

why stop watching now? next year i hear fox is gonna get some of the chase races (THANK GOD)

ross said:
what are you even talking about? i am talking about the coverage that NBC gives, not actually going out there and racing myself.

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you were incapable of understanding humour.

GreenHot said:
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you were incapable of understanding humour.

oh i understand humor just fine, but there was nothing funny about your post, nor did it make that much sense to me when you get right down to it. :cool:

ross said:
oh i understand humor just fine, but there was nothing funny about your post, nor did it make that much sense to me when you get right down to it. :cool:

Humour doesn't travel too well over the atlantic, I think it's because of all the salt water.

GreenHot said:
Humour doesn't travel too well over the atlantic, I think it's because of all the salt water.

i guess so.

much like the titanic, your humor made it half way and hit an iceberg.:cool:

The Hendricks drivers are pretty cool. I just think that NASCAR it trying to stretch themselves sooooooo far into other markets and trying to appeal to so many folks,that they are pulling the roots out . I think they are whitewashing …or neutering all of em. I would love to get back to good ole circle track racing,,,,,,,,,,,but I’m just a traditionalist.
If it were up to me…..36 races at Bristol and see who’s left standin. :cool:

Hillbilly Chili said:
The Hendricks drivers are pretty cool. I just think that NASCAR it trying to stretch themselves sooooooo far into other markets and trying to appeal to so many folks,that they are pulling the roots out . I think they are whitewashing …or neutering all of em. I would love to get back to good ole circle track racing,,,,,,,,,,,but I’m just a traditionalist.
If it were up to me…..36 races at Bristol and see who’s left standin. :cool:

yeah. i am certainly not for pushing all the tracks out west, as seems to be the trend.

put em back at the rock, give them another race back at darlington.

id rather see 36 races at charlotte, haha. im not a big bristol fan, i like the races where if you get a caved in fender youre out. at bristol you dont even need sides or a hood, or antyhing.

Cars on a String. I realy enjoy going to a Nascar race, but I could never just watch it on TV. Announcers really rake my nerves, just an endless blather of pure nonsence and smack.

sevver said:
Cars on a String. I realy enjoy going to a Nascar race, but I could never just watch it on TV. Announcers really rake my nerves, just an endless blather of pure nonsence and smack.

the best seat is on the couch, beer in hand. no line to piss, no 160,000 people drunk as hell, no 4 hour wait out of the parking lot, no 5 dollar hot dogs, i could continue. :lol:

ross said:
the best seat is on the couch, beer in hand. no line to piss, no 160,000 people drunk as hell, no 4 hour wait out of the parking lot, no 5 dollar hot dogs, i could continue. :)

I hear ya, but that is my problem, I cannot sit on a couch for too long, I like the first two laps at the track, and after that, I honestly could care less. I just like the raw power of all of the cars coming around together at 200 mph. I did the ride along and that was cool too. Nothing really holds my attention for long, which is why technology is just the thing for me. Jet cars and Top Fuels also hold that fascination with me, anything that can shake the world and explode down the track is just awesome, but once the regular cars come around, meh. I also don't do well with sports either though, so it is not a car thing. I am just your all around average different sort of a person. :lol:

Back