• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Nastiest tasting pepper

Really do not know if anyone has strong opinions on this, but couldn't help noticing the eternal repeats of tastiest, hottest etc.

How about that nastiest most bland or just plain disgusting pepper you've ever had? LOL, I don't know if it's possible.

I'll cast my vote for a giant Cayenne I grew last year or a Cajamarca I grew that had a texture that sucked and had almost no heat.

:twisted:

DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH,DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH,DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH,
DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH,DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH,DOUGLAH, DOUGLAH,

douglah.

I'm growing Douglah for the first time this year... I've heard it doesn't taste good, but then there also seem to be a lot of people who love it and grow a lot of them. Do you think they're different strains or maybe different preparations like dried vs. fresh or something makes it more palatable?

I've heard the same thing about the Butch T... I wonder if the Douglah x Butch T cross everyone is growing will taste like acid dirt too...

I'm growing Douglah for the first time this year... I've heard it doesn't taste good, but then there also seem to be a lot of people who love it and grow a lot of them. Do you think they're different strains or maybe different preparations like dried vs. fresh or something makes it more palatable?

I grew a lot of them last season which I got my seed stock from THSC. We love them over here…in fact they taste great on pizzas. I'm not sure where Matt got his from.

Douglah pizza will be on the menu this weekend, that's for sure!!

I grew a lot of them last season which I got my seed stock from THSC. We love them over here…in fact they taste great on pizzas. I'm not sure where Matt got his from.

Douglah pizza will be on the menu this weekend, that's for sure!!

No battery acid? Huh, how would you describe the taste? I'd rather be using those to make crosses with...

I grew the Douglah Cross last year. It tasted just like battery acid, but no more than any other pepper that is over 1million svu.
In MY opinion, the habs and fatalii taste like shit. I know, people really like the fatalii. I don't. I think it tastes like mild battery acid mixed with unsweetened koolaid.

Speaking of semi-sacred peppers, I also did not like the Choco Hab at all fresh, some kind of unpleasant sweetness that made me want to avoid it, but dried it worked well as a powder and the plant grew faster than anything else I had except for a tabasco x naga morich accident F1. I also like the choco hab in a sauce, can't really explain it.

Definitely a hot topic as everyone's tastes differ.

From the summer we did chile tasting vids, we liked the Lemon Drop, Red Savina, Paper Lantern, fatalii, Bhut, Peruvian White Hab and since then I'll add the red 7 Pot Jonah.

From the ones we tasted, the ones that really stood out as YUCK were trinidad scorpions and DOUGLAHS!

MGOLD, so I wasn't quite sure from your post...which one didn't you like? (:lol:)

I'm growing more Douglahs than anything else this year. :lol: I really like the flavor. Never had one that tasted like battery acid, but they will hit your guts like a stick of dynamite if you're not prepared for it.

Back