• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Need an I.D

This guy is very spiky and very hot even while still green and unripe (wanted to try one before they were ripen) Also It is very thin skinned.. like paper thin. Any idea's?

IMG_20130919_143009_zpsd466169b.jpg

IMG_20130919_142923_zps836a1cc6.jpg

IMG_20130919_143000_zps9ba7237e.jpg

IMG_20130919_142908_zps41d15daf.jpg

IMG_20130919_142940_zpse1c34fa0.jpg

Burning Colon said:
in its green form, it could be anything from fatalii to bhut. why don't you tell us what you think you bought.

Well I bought 3 super hots.

Bhut Jolokia

7Pot originals

and Moruga Scorpions

I have identified my ghost chilies and morugas but these guys are def not a 7 pot which is why im confused ?

They do look like naga morich the more I look at them. do naga's have very thin skin?

in the green form, i have both bhuts and fatalii that look just like it. none of 7 pots look like that. i think you are lookiing at a bhut of some sort.

and may i say, a nice looking pod at that. hope the ripened version gives you trouble.... in a good way.

best of luck and i hope you stick with us on the hot pepper forum.

Though fataliis have a similar shape, IMO they're a tad more slender than those. Fataliis ripen to a kind of golden yellow. I'm curious to see what those ripen to.

Burning Colon said:
in the green form, i have both bhuts and fatalii that look just like it. none of 7 pots look like that. i think you are lookiing at a bhut of some sort.

and may i say, a nice looking pod at that. hope the ripened version gives you trouble.... in a good way.

best of luck and i hope you stick with us on the hot pepper forum.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome i plan to stick around :-)

geeme said:
Though fataliis have a similar shape, IMO they're a tad more slender than those. Fataliis ripen to a kind of golden yellow. I'm curious to see what those ripen to.

I have one pod ripening up right now It's turning an orangish perhaps golden color not sure if they are gonna turn red or yellow/orange.  I'll take some more pictures when it ripens up more so in a few days.

Back