• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Need help identifing my chili plant

I received some chiles from a friend at work and they resemble the piquin chile.... So in february I started my plant from seed... Any help would be apreciated in identifing my plant... As of right now its called chile de memo.. named after my friend who gave me the chilis

We could also be looking at an F1 hybrid too... Is pubescence a dominate trait?

I can't think of many hairy Annuums...

Doesn't look like a serrano to me.

Can you describe the pod shape at maturity?

leaf shape and nodes do look annum-ish, and yet the hair makes me think pubescent.

If you look closely at the flowers, there is a touch of gold near the tips... Would like to see another picture under different lighting...

The plant holds the peppers differently than the goats weed as well.

Goats weed points them up, these dangle.

DSC02889.jpg

Heres another flower pic, taken today...

My Goats Weed last year showed exactly the same like the plant on your photo. Can't reach my pictures of it however, I'm currently moving to another home. I can make a picture of my Goats Weed this year for comparison if you like.

I have no idea what type it is, i got it's grandparent plant from a bag of fresh pods my friend gave to me like 6 years ago. I'm sure he got his plant from some pods someone gave him or from those small bags or dried piquins sold in the mexican spice section of the supermarket. I grew up eating piquins and my mom called piquins and tepins both piquins, i know the difference now. Growing up I remember thoughout the years we had different piquin plants all with slight different pod shapes and we called them all just piquins.

DSC02912.jpg

Here's an update photo of my mysterious chile plant... By the looks of it im leaning more towards the Piquin strain... In the years past i grew my first piquin from the mexican spice pack.... I tried it again this year and not a single seed sprouted.....

DSC02909.jpg

Here's a comparison to a nickle...

I shall take some pictures... But I'm a little bit delayed with it. My camera is stolen last wednesday, they hacked our house and had stolen away our camera, money and jewelery. :cry:

I have a tabasco and all my pods are starting off yellow. I can post pic if youd like

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg602/no_username654/2012-06-17_13-12-01_4.mp4

Here we go folks, im opening this back up to ask yall help on Idn my pepper....
DSC03159-1.jpg

DSC03151-1.jpg

[sup]As you can see I had to wrap it up some with fishin line in order to keep the branches from leaning on my other plants...[/sup]

Back