• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Need Help ON THis ID

Was at the local Grocery store and they had some different peppers
these i believe were in a bin called chochoua's or somethign on that line can't remeber exactly. but here we go.
THis one is Orange with a lantern shape
IMG00460.jpg

IMG00462.jpg

this one looks like a flying saucer and a nice green color.
IMG00457.jpg

IMG00458.jpg

The "flying saucer" one kinda looks like a Jamaican Hot. They're usually Red or Yellow tho.

Ok well i ate these the other night the two gren ones had no heat at all, the orange one had a nice tingle goin on, I think i have identified the saucer one it's a mushroom/squash pepper i Believe.

It's a Baccatum called Aji Cachuana or somethign like that. :) They had them at Jungle Jim's and amazing at a produce market by my home years ago. How the hell they showed up there, I don't know!

Noshownate said:
Soo keeping the seeds seperated by pods willnot matter on the shape and color?

It may not make a difference in shape, color or heat but generally you still want to save seeds from pods with most desirable characteristics

I liked the saucer shape but no heat so prob won't grow this but will keep the seeds just for shape. the orange lantern looking one with good heat i will keep and prob grow and see what happens. thanx all aji chacuana sounds good, So if i plant seeds from the orange one will i have saucer shaped pods as well as lantern shaped on the same plant?

Back