need jalapaño seeds

need jalapeño seeds

need some jalapaño seeds
i can trade, but all i really have are fatalii and red hab seeds

if you give them for free i'll send a SASE

Billy Biker Jalapenos from Burpee are inexpensive. I bought them last year and will only grow them this coming year. They have goo heat and size and plenty of production.

http://www.bikerbilly.com/burpee.tpl

Short answer: No

Long answer: Chipotle has really become a buzz word now. You can smoke any jalapeno, or any pepper, but true chipotles are smoked in traditional ways usually for very long periods of time and this is done both for flavor and to preserve them. Jalapenos were traditionally used most often since they are very thick fleshed and do not air dry well

Keep in mind Jalapenos are a fairly common pepper and several varieties are usually available in plant form from lots of stores (WalMart, Lowes, HD, grocery, etc).

If you're set on starting from seed, they too are available at many local stores (all the above), as well as the "$" stores, often for .99 or less.

Just another option.:)

Actually I'd suggest getting known jalapeno types from trades or known seed supplies, otherwise you'll likely end up with a milder or unknown/unproven variety. What are you most after: heat, size, production, flavor?

DownRiver said:
Keep in mind Jalapenos are a fairly common pepper and several varieties are usually available in plant form from lots of stores (WalMart, Lowes, HD, grocery, etc).

If you're set on starting from seed, they too are available at many local stores (all the above), as well as the "$" stores, often for .99 or less.

Just another option.:)

thats what i was originally thinking...but they clearance out all their seeds in the fall, and restock in the spring =/
(at least walmart does anyway...dunno but about the others)

Back