• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Need some advice

Is it good to have lights on during germination? Which is better, on or off? Thanks in advance for those who can help

Oh and the are on a hydroponic system

Ok thanks guys. Would the light hurt the germination? I just want to ruin my seeds

My light is on a auto switch with the aerogarden

not sure if you mean that your germinating your seeds in a hydro system. you should wait till they sprout for them to be placed in a hydro.

The only benefit having a light on during germination is the addition of some heat. Otherwise, no light needed until you see the hook coming out of the soil.

they will Germ in an aerogarden... I am having issues with my AG, they are growing good, but they can get too leggy and fall over... I had to transplant 2 so far into soil from that...

but, I would germ them first then place them if you have the option.

the problem i have with aerogarden is when it comes to hot peppers, the super hotties. they need heat to germinate. and without the lights there is little heat or at least heat that is needed to germinate the hotties. i germinate in a heated germination mini greenhouse then move the plants into my dwc after i am satisfied with root development.

i like the clean setup of an aerogarden.

happy hydroplanning.

My room is heated up pretty good in the 85-90 degree. Plus I have 1 led ufo light and the aerogarden going. 20 are in germination pots and 7 is in the aerogarden. Everything is still covered, so Im getting plenty of humidity.

they will Germ in an aerogarden... I am having issues with my AG, they are growing good, but they can get too leggy and fall over... I had to transplant 2 so far into soil from that...

they will Germ in an aerogarden... I am having issues with my AG, they are growing good, but they can get too leggy and fall over... I had to tansplant 2 so far into soil from that...
U

I have some thats on germination pellets and some that is on the Aero. The aero was way faster to germ even without all the heat. When they get taller, I will definitely switch to soil. Thanks for the heads up

Back